Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
"Get Books" icon is missing (Mac version)

Been a few weeks since I've used Calibre. Since last use I updated Calibre to latest version and updated my Mac OS to Lion (10.7).

When I fired up Calibre my "Get Books" icon was gone. Later (using the next day) I noticed "Get Books" was there and I used it several times.

Now, I have relaunched Calibre and "Get Books" is gone again. Upon launch of the program I see the "Get Books" icon for about one second and then it vanishes.

Any ideas?

caliber 8.12
OSX Lion 10.7 running on iMac
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
get books is not visible by default when a device is connected. If you want it to be visible, use Preferences->Toolbars
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
Now, I have relaunched Calibre and "Get Books" is gone again. Upon launch of the program I see the "Get Books" icon for about one second and then it vanishes.
I'm guessing you have a device connected when calibre is starting up. You see the icon then calibre recognizes the device and the menu bar switches to the menu for when a device is connected.

If you want to see the Get books icon when a device is connect go to Preferences - Toolbar - change dropdown to "Main toolbar when device is connected" and move the Get books icon from the left to the right window, then move the icon to the position you want to see it at.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm guessing you have a device connected when calibre is starting up. You see the icon then calibre recognizes the device and the menu bar switches to the menu for when a device is connected.

If you want to see the Get books icon when a device is connect go to Preferences - Toolbar - change dropdown to "Main toolbar when device is connected" and move the Get books icon from the left to the right window, then move the icon to the position you want to see it at.

Good Luck.
That's it exactly! Thank You. I never would have figured that out. Couldn't figure why it was intermittent.

This forum is great! Calibre is great!
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote