Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 06:52 AM   #16
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Add existing files is no longer under Edit, but a right click at the head of each area, text, images, etc. in the Book Browser.

This is convenient.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #17
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
- Implement 245: Unify zoom levels (book, text, image) and store the levels.

For this alone, I thank you. I am sure all other updates will benefit my workflow in Sigil, but maintaining zoom level from chapter to new chapter is primal. You just saved my right index finger 600 clicks on my next project. Thank you. - Fabe
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #18
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Add existing files is no longer under Edit, but a right click at the head of each area, text, images, etc. in the Book Browser.

This is convenient.
I did not even know it was in the Edit menu at all, I always used the right click, so this is not a new feature.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #19
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Add existing files is no longer under Edit...
It's moved to menu under File -> New. The thought process is your adding a new file to the ePub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole
so it is necessary / recommended to uninstall 0.42 before installing 0.5
If you are installing over a previous version then it is recommend. If you are installing over a beta (some not all but I'll say this as a blanket statement just to be safe) then uninstall is required. If you are installing to a different location than a current install then you can leave that one alone. The current issue (I hope to fix for 0.6) is the installer is not installing all of the files (I believe it's checking the dll version and only overwriting if the one installer is newer).
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I've installed the new version but the spell-checker could do with a few improvements.

1. Include a British English dictionary as standard with the install as not a written English is US English. I've manage to source one myself but I've never had to to this with any other program.

2. Have the ability to ignore certain words that don't fall into the chosen language. Very useful for Fantasy and Sci-Fi books.

3. It is flagging as incorrect words that use curly quotes. And where there is an em-dash and no spaces around it, the two words and the em-dash are being flagged as incorrect.

Other than that, no other major issues noted.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #21
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I've installed the new version but the spell-checker could do with a few improvements.

1. Include a British English dictionary as standard with the install as not a written English is US English. I've manage to source one myself but I've never had to to this with any other program.

2. Have the ability to ignore certain words that don't fall into the chosen language. Very useful for Fantasy and Sci-Fi books.

3. It is flagging as incorrect words that use curly quotes. And where there is an em-dash and no spaces around it, the two words and the em-dash are being flagged as incorrect.

Other than that, no other major issues noted.
Ad 1. I think John is an US resident and therefore chosen US English. There are only a few languages available by default, others have to be done manually. It is a choice, probably to keep the file small.
Ad 2. You can use the user dictionary for that. It is easy to add and delete words to it. You can do it manually or right-click on a name in Code View.
Ad 3. This is known and I think a shortcoming of Microspell, but John will know better.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #22
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Ad 1. I think John is an US resident and therefore chosen US English. There are only a few languages available by default, others have to be done manually. It is a choice, probably to keep the file small.
I am in the USA. I'm indeed only including a few default dictionaries to keep the file small and keep the number of places I need to check for updates small. There are also licensing constraints I need to worry about when including dictionaries.

Quote:
Ad 2. You can use the user dictionary for that. It is easy to add and delete words to it. You can do it manually or right-click on a name in Code View.
Right now this is the best option. This is not something I want to think about in the short term but it is possible to enhance the misspelling detection by using heuristics on the overall document. I've read about some work in this regard and it allows for things like words in different languages, proper names and words that are found multiple times in the document to be but are not in the dictionary to be excluded from spell check. I don't see it as a priority.

Quote:
Ad 3. This is known and I think a shortcoming of Microspell, but John will know better.
I'm using Hunspell for spell check and this is a short coming of the dictionary ghostyjack is using. Basically he's using one without unicode support. The fix is to use a different dictionary that knows that a curly quote is the same as a straight quote.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #23
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I would love for any program to offer a British and American English dictionary, since I work on programs in both variations. Maybe I can find and install the British English dictionary as well.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #24
user_none

Quote:
I would love for any program to offer a British and American English dictionary, since I work on programs in both variations. Maybe I can find and install the British English dictionary as well.
You can use any Hunspell dictionary. OpenOffice has a large selection. FYI, an .oxt is just a zip archive with the dictionary files inside of it. You just need the .aff and .dic files. Open Sigil's preferences, go to spelling and click the button on the button to open the user dictionary location. Put the .aff and .dic files there then restart Sigil for them to be available for use.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #25
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I'm using Hunspell for spell check and this is a short coming of the dictionary ghostyjack is using. Basically he's using one without unicode support. The fix is to use a different dictionary that knows that a curly quote is the same as a straight quote.
Quote:
You can use any Hunspell dictionary. OpenOffice has a large selection. FYI, an .oxt is just a zip archive with the dictionary files inside of it. You just need the .aff and .dic files. Open Sigil's preferences, go to spelling and click the button on the button to open the user dictionary location. Put the .aff and .dic files there then restart Sigil for them to be available for use.
Well thats annoying as I went to OpenOffice to get my dictionary, this could mean that the GB English dictionary OOo use isn't unicode compatible.

Does anyone know when else you can find GB English dictionaries?
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #26
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
OPF editor

The editor used for content.opf seems to be different from that used for Code View.

Is it possible to use the same editor?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #27
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
The editor used for content.opf seems to be different from that used for Code View.

Is it possible to use the same editor?
It's exactly the same editor. The only difference is spell check is not enabled for OPF files.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #28
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Toxaris - Thanks for the info! Perhaps eventually I might have noticed the red lines and wondered what they mean, but then again...

The spell checker seems to work beautifully - great work user_none!!

Last edited by bobcdy; 01-22-2012 at 11:56 PM.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #29
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
I have something strange going on. When I am at home, I have 2 additional monitors connected to my laptop. I have the monitors set to extend the desktop, not duplicate. When I was there I opened the meta data window and moved it to a different window.
I am traveling now, and do not have an external monitor to connect to. When I try and view meta data, the window is not visible. It must think that it is still being displayed on another monitor. I can't figure out how to move the window back so it is visible. I have to hit escape to get back to the main application.
Is there a way to get the window moved back, or will I have to connect to an external monitor to move it?
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:19 AM   #30
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
The fix is to use a different dictionary that knows that a curly quote is the same as a straight quote.
Understood, but can someone please direct towards a dictionary that works with so-called fancy apostrophes and hyphens and doesn't get tripped up by en and em dashes.

Also, the problem of the cursor jumping from the search box to the body text when one's search goes to a new file (looking in all HTML files) that I described in 4.905 persists.

Last edited by ElMiko; 01-23-2012 at 04:03 AM.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote