Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-19-2015, 12:35 AM   #39001
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Yeah -- I missed the entire OJSimpson slow car chase news thing. It was only a single weekend, but I was doing a RevWar re-enactment, and I was off the grid that weekend. Enjoying the un-connectedness of the 1770's!

Hope your puppy enjoys his baths (probably not!) and hope the guests at the B&B enjoy their second hand lasagna, even if the owner claims it's hers.
I was training adults how to take Girl Scouts camping that weekend. It's kind of weird how we can track huge events through what we are doing, right? for 9/11 my daughter and I were showing Draft Horses at the State Fair. The day itself they actually closed the fairgrounds and we cou;d not have gotten out even had we wanted to. M any iteresting conversations were had that day, both IRL and on phones. Reaching out to my numerous military family members was huge. I lost some very good friends that day due to literally a 36 hour conversations\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
We were on an extended canoe trip through the backwaters of the huge La Verendrye Provincial park in Quebec. After the third day we never saw another human until we reached the ranger station and take-out ramp three weeks later. We discovered that while we were away President Richard Nixon resigned. We missed the celebration...

Stitchawl
yep! those were the types of trips we would take. We'd see more Bear than people

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just ordered this to carry on my walks with Norton. There's been no real problem so far, but he does get tired on hot days. Today I kept trying to cut our walk short because of the 90° heat index, but no amount of coaching could persuade him because he knew that on the other end of our neighborhood is a canine friend of his. I worried about him the whole way back. He ran from shade tree to shade tree in an effort to stay out of the sun as much as possible. The really bad part is that after his insistence on going the distance, his friend wasn't in the yard to greet him.
cute but too small for the puppy

btw, Tom, Pooh has his spider shit, I've snakes. consider spoilers
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:40 AM   #39002
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I just ordered this to carry on my walks with Norton.
A Frisbee makes a nifty water dish too.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:42 AM   #39003
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
That looks neat! When I took Shadow on my long hikes I'd wear a fanny pack that held a small frisbee and had two holsters for water bottles. I'd put the frisbee on the ground periodically, and fill it with water for him.

Of course, the biggest advantage was that Shadow was a night person, like me. "Hot in the direct sun" was a lot harder for him than "Hot after dark."
Didn't read far enough to see that my son isn't the only one who does this.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:45 AM   #39004
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Two of Norfolk's finest were passing under some branches in a small boat one day when a snake dropped into their boat. Fearing this for their lives, the two officers grabbed their guns and blasted the poor thing into serpent heaven. Too late they realized they had also just sunk their boat.
Now that's what I call karma
Old 05-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #39005
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Cleaning up the mess little Cassandra made. She decided to get into the little cubbyhole built into the head of my bed and push everything, including my alarm clock, out.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #39006
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
finally getting ready to go into town to get my phone. I can't believe I've been without for 3 days. then when I get back I have to start working on a disc that has FIVE HUNDRED documents not pages that my attorney sent me. *sigh*
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:59 PM   #39007
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Making a clay model of a epee handle counterweight so I can make a plaster mold this afternoon and cast a lead counterweight. By adding a counterweight to the rear of the grip, I can move the balance point of the weapon back closer to the guard making the point lighter and easier to control. Point control is crucial for accuracy. I made a new grip yesterday and now I need to make the counterweight for it.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:35 PM   #39008
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Watching the Eurovision song contest!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:06 PM   #39009
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Watching the Eurovision song contest!
...it was the usual cheesy nonsense, with the UK's entrant being roundly ignored in the voting.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:04 PM   #39010
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Went to Duke Gardens this morning .... gorgeous ...

This bench is my 'roost' - if you ever visit the gardens on a Sunday morning, you'll find me there ... I discovered this bench the first time I visited years ago ... and stop by on every visit ... it sits amongst the fire azalea bushes ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DukeBench.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	138609  
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:30 AM   #39011
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Setting up a calibre library for my mother.

When she first got a Kindle she didn't see the need to use calibre. Now, several months and a lot of books later she asked me to set it up for her so she can keep track of which books she has read without having to have them all on her Kindle. I've opted for the portable version over the standard version. When updates are need or any other work I can do it on my own computer instead of her notebook (it's also easier for me to make a back up).

I've downloaded all her books to calibre and marked which she has read and which she hasn't read. My task today it to add/change metadata.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:33 AM   #39012
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Went to Duke Gardens this morning .... gorgeous ...

This bench is my 'roost' - if you ever visit the gardens on a Sunday morning, you'll find me there ... I discovered this bench the first time I visited years ago ... and stop by on every visit ... it sits amongst the fire azalea bushes ...
Nice spot!

As mentioned before, we have a "Duke Gardens" up here, but I don't visit often. I'm much more likely to spend time in the Leonard J. Buck Garden (Interstate 287 was slightly rerouted from its original planned route in order to spare the garden).

But this past week my son and I hiked the trails at Jockey Hollow, and I'm going to have to tackle those trails more frequently (although I did spot fresh bear droppings on the trail -- no sign of the bear, though).
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:33 AM   #39013
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Nice spot!

As mentioned before, we have a "Duke Gardens" up here, but I don't visit often. I'm much more likely to spend time in the Leonard J. Buck Garden (Interstate 287 was slightly rerouted from its original planned route in order to spare the garden).

But this past week my son and I hiked the trails at Jockey Hollow, and I'm going to have to tackle those trails more frequently (although I did spot fresh bear droppings on the trail -- no sign of the bear, though).
Both sites look great for hiking or just moseying along ...
When I feel up to a challenge I visit the hiking trails at the NC Botanical Gardens - 2 levels of difficulty, and no bears
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:42 PM   #39014
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Leaving for a visit to Immigration. Today's the day to renew my visa. I hate paperwork!

EDIT: I'm legal for another year!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 05-29-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:27 PM   #39015
Vincom
Vincom began at the beginning.

Device: ipad air
I'm currently replying for a topic in mobileread forum. And drinking a glass of pure water.
Vincom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?