Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #61
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTwo View Post
The only reason i would not get a Nook Color is because it has an LCD screen, have you tried reading a book on an LCD screen?
I personally can't read on it, but it doesn't seem to be an issue for most.
It is great for childrens books and magazines though.
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #62
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Wel,, I have heard lots of negative comments about reading on lcds but nothing about the pearl screens. people might prefer colour, but that doesn't mean that pearl screens, in normal light, are difficult.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #63
Wolf3
Connoisseur
Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook 2, Kindle 3, iPad 2, iPod 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
I understand your point, but completely disagree with this part. I do not find reading with an eink screen (sorry, but Pearl is not enough of an improvement to matter) in low light to be very enjoyable. You have to hassle with a lamp or book light and it never lights the screen evenly.
This is the same as with a book. Although eInk's contrast is worse on the Kindle 2 (I assume closer on the Nook/Kindle 3), but still...I don't think having a light is a hassle.
Wolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote