Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #46
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison C View Post
All those thinking of a DecalGirl skin - here's an incentive. They've announced on their Facebook page that they'll be posting a sale/discount announcement "tomorrow" - which means (I think - juggling time zones) Tuesday.

Now I just need to decide between Sacred and Blossoming Almond.
This is a quote from their Facebook page:
Quote:
DecalGirl as promised - here's this week's exclusive fan discount! Buy one skin, get one of equal or lesser value half off using the code NEWYEAR. Standard rules - not valid on previous orders, can't be combined with any other offer and the code expires midnight EST on Friday, January 7th.
From this I would say that in order to get the sale price you have to be one of their fans on Facebook, because there is nothing on their website about a sale. It's a good deal for those who are Facebook participants and who want more than one skin, though.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #47
RobRolex
RobRolex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My Kindle w/skin applied

Pretty cool. I was able to load the picture of me on the 2010 Climb to Kaiser for a screen saver too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle front.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	64120   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle back.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	64121  
RobRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 05:01 AM   #48
StuMcBill
Enthusiast
StuMcBill began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Wi-Fi & 3G)
I have been looking at DecalGirl and GelaSkins and so far I am very impressed with them, just have to decide which one I want?

The question I have is, are there any skins that have the numbers (for use with the ALT key) printed above the top row of letters (QWERTYUIOP)?

Are there any skin manufacturers that give you the option?

Stew
StuMcBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #49
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuMcBill View Post
I have been looking at DecalGirl and GelaSkins and so far I am very impressed with them, just have to decide which one I want?

The question I have is, are there any skins that have the numbers (for use with the ALT key) printed above the top row of letters (QWERTYUIOP)?

Are there any skin manufacturers that give you the option?

Stew
good question! I'd never thought of that! I just leave the stickies on my keys except for the unique keys, figuring that with a qwerty keyboard I would be able to figure it out, and I simply am not going to use the keyboard that often. that would be worthy of an email to the two suppliers I would suggest.

welcome to the forums!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #50
LynW
LynW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I love my decalgirl skin..... Got gloss finish and it was beautiful....
LynW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #51
StuMcBill
Enthusiast
StuMcBill began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Wi-Fi & 3G)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
good question! I'd never thought of that! I just leave the stickies on my keys except for the unique keys, figuring that with a qwerty keyboard I would be able to figure it out, and I simply am not going to use the keyboard that often. that would be worthy of an email to the two suppliers I would suggest.

welcome to the forums!
Yeah I might drop them an email and see what they say?

Thanks for the welcome! I have learned so much already!
StuMcBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #52
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynW View Post
I love my decalgirl skin..... Got gloss finish and it was beautiful....
welcome to the forums!;o)
Old 01-12-2011, 03:11 AM   #53
stevo9er
stevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
I bought this silicone skin: http://www.amazon.com/Protective-Sil...4818861&sr=8-6

It fits well but its a little bit heavy. If anyone wants some pics I can take some.

Peace
stevo9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #54
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I had purchased one for my first kindle and ended up not using it other than once or twice. I felt having the screen protection provided by a cover was what I needed
Old 01-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #55
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi all,

Am a virgin to the Kindle 3 (and the site, also!), had one for Christmas and was excited to hear that you can skin your device. I want to get something that wouldn't be too distracting on the eye (as I've heard from some that have taken theirs off due to this reason) and figured white and blue may be good colours?!

Anyway, the skyline is of my second home, Toronto, and couldn't think of a better subject to skin my reading device with.

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/a...orontoskin.jpg

Let me know whether you think this could be suitable for a non-distracting skin or not

Thanks, guys, and loving the site already!
stop__dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #56
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by stop__dreaming View Post
Hi all,

Am a virgin to the Kindle 3 (and the site, also!), had one for Christmas and was excited to hear that you can skin your device. I want to get something that wouldn't be too distracting on the eye (as I've heard from some that have taken theirs off due to this reason) and figured white and blue may be good colours?!

Anyway, the skyline is of my second home, Toronto, and couldn't think of a better subject to skin my reading device with.

Let me know whether you think this could be suitable for a non-distracting skin or not

That looks very nice! Is that your own picture that you used for the skin?

Holly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Torontoskin.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	64621  
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #57
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
That looks very nice! Is that your own picture that you used for the skin?

Holly
Not my own, no.

Will I possibly have to get permission to use, perhaps?
stop__dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #58
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Hi all,

quite lovely and soothing!

Quote:
Not my own, no.

Will I possibly have to get permission to use, perhaps?
if it is on photobucket without a copyright notice and you are not making money off of it, I think you are fine.

welcome to the forums!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #59
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I was thinking of getting this one:

http://assets.decalgirl.com/assets/i...ak3-proyal.jpg

One of the things that I like very much about my new graphite Kindle 3 (Christmas present!!) is that the grey color just fades away nicely when I'm reading! I like the darker/neutral skins because they are classy but I believe they will fade away nicely!

I have a question, though. I scan the Amazon Kindle forum sometimes and I've noticed complaints about letters rubbing off the keyboard? Should I be looking for skins that COVER the keys or is it really not that big of a deal? I hardly use the keyboard.
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #60
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by teadonkey View Post
I was thinking of getting this one:

http://assets.decalgirl.com/assets/i...ak3-proyal.jpg

One of the things that I like very much about my new graphite Kindle 3 (Christmas present!!) is that the grey color just fades away nicely when I'm reading! I like the darker/neutral skins because they are classy but I believe they will fade away nicely!

I have a question, though. I scan the Amazon Kindle forum sometimes and I've noticed complaints about letters rubbing off the keyboard? Should I be looking for skins that COVER the keys or is it really not that big of a deal? I hardly use the keyboard.
that's a lovely skin! all of decal girls skins can cover the keys. I think they intend for you to peel them off but you certainly don't need to. I left all but the keys unique to the kindle on mine. it is after all, a qwerty