Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Ex. I really liked Reacher's last adventure; I hope the next one is as good. Def. #2
Ex. Reacher's last adventure is out today. Def. #4
Reacher's most recent adventure is out today. #2.

We can spin this as long as you want, though it's obviously fruitless.

Enjoy the book.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post

...it's obviously fruitless.
Yes, I'm fruitless and I won't be ordering a fruit phone tomorrow either.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #18
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Apparently we have something to agree on
Old 09-12-2012, 01:52 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I have an iPhone 3G that's in serious need of being replaced. So, I shall be ordering the iPhone 5 to replace my iPhone 3G.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #20
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have an iPhone 3G that's in serious need of being replaced. So, I shall be ordering the iPhone 5 to replace my iPhone 3G.
Get a Sammy, Jon. Apple won't allow Sony's reading app in the App Store. That's just mean-spirited.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Get a Sammy, Jon. Apple won't allow Sony's reading app in the App Store. That's just mean-spirited.
Doesn't bother me since there is the Bluefire Reader app.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #22
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Ditto to all of these. I want the iPhone 5. The Sony Android app is pretty miserable. I prefer Bluefire on my iPhone anyway. And, I'm really excited that Reacher's latest adventure won't be his last. Looking forward to this book. Not so much the movie but I'm sure I'll see it anyway.. Tom Cruise is looking pretty gaunt in recent photos. Jeremy Renner in Bourne Legacy is more appealing to me!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #23
nikkers
tragic
nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPAQ classic
Meanwhile...... back with A Wanted Man. It isn't a bad read but its just fill in while Lee thinks about what is going to happen when Reacher actually gets on the road to Virginia. Hopefully he retires to a lucrative consultancy for Homeland security(maybe jointly with Nelson de Mille's John Correy. ). Face it, Reacher is getting abit long in the tooth for mayhem and babes. This book, he really wasn't doing much.
nikkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #24
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkers View Post
Meanwhile...... back with A Wanted Man. It isn't a bad read but its just fill in while Lee thinks about what is going to happen when Reacher actually gets on the road to Virginia. Hopefully he retires to a lucrative consultancy for Homeland security(maybe jointly with Nelson de Mille's John Correy. ). Face it, Reacher is getting abit long in the tooth for mayhem and babes. This book, he really wasn't doing much.
Have you heard of "spoilers"?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #25
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have one of the original Motorola Razr phones (actually 2 of them) and they still make perfect phone calls many years and thousands of hours later, so I won't be buying the iPhone 5, but I may consider a Windows 8 phone.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #26
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Jeremy Renner in Bourne Legacy is more appealing to me!
I can't get away from Matt Damon as Jason Bourne, so I haven't seen the Bourne Legacy. It really irritates me when they get what I consider perfect casting of a character and then feel the need to change the actor. I understand if the actor becomes ill or dies or simply refuses to do the role again, but sometimes it is best to leave things alone. I think Damon was outstanding as Bourne.

As for Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher, I admit that is tough to swallow on the surface. Much will depend on how Cruise plays the part. But there is a lot of difference between a 6'5" 250-lb character who can crush you with a single hand and a 5'4" 140-lb character who can't get his hands around your throat because they are too small.

As for the newest Reacher novel, it is far from the best in the series. I wonder if Child had a large bill that needed paying because the story was not all that well crafted. The trouble with series like this one is that the characters age and the plots become repetitive. With a police detective, he/she can remain a particular age for years because we all expect detectives to handle more than one case a year. But in Reacher's case, it would stretch credulity even more than currently if he were caught in these plots on a weekly basis.

I wonder how many Reacher movies Cruise is signed on for? I really wonder why they didn't sign Daniel Craig to the role. Liam Neeson would have been an excellent choice 10-15 years ago.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #27
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I can't get away from Matt Damon as Jason Bourne, so I haven't seen the Bourne Legacy. It really irritates me when they get what I consider perfect casting of a character and then feel the need to change the actor.
Note that Jeremy Renner is not playing Bourne - who is still referred to in the film - Renner plays another agent (name excapes me at the mo). There is even talk in the movie press that Bourne (Damon) and Renner's character may link up in the next episode, so if you want to see that, I suggest giving the latest outing a try, as it provides back-story as to why he has gone rogue like Bourne.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #28
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo,kindle,supernova, playbook
it was okay... it seemed like he was tying up the trilogy to me though.
hard-boiled pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:33 AM   #29
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkers View Post
This book, he really wasn't doing much.
This is a spoiler, so don't look if you haven't read the book yet.

Spoiler:
Apart from killing twenty plus terrorists?

I really enjoyed it. Maybe a little less action during the build-up, but there was tension throughout, and anyway, I enjoyed the journey as much as the climax.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #30
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I really enjoyed it. Maybe a little less action during the build-up, but there was tension throughout, and anyway, I enjoyed the journey as much as the climax.
I'm with you on this. I enjoyed it and it was a FAST read as all Lee Child books are.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote