Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-23-2015, 09:50 PM   #16
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I put a pdf on an ereader. It took me 6 tries just to get the text readable. That was a homemade pdf too.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #17
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0liev3rte View Post
@Hemmi

I just seems like its the best decision, and I love the design. Do you know if the T3, bought with English firmware, has the ability to read books in Russian and also has dictionary support?

You aren't by any chance, in Australia, and bought the only one that was for sale on eBay here last week?
I wish I was in Australia! I'm in the US and stalked Ebay for a long time before finding one at my price point and taking the plunge. It came from a seller already in the US and is used so I don't know where it originated from, probably from Canada, because it is English firmware.

I don't have any ebooks in Russian to try on it. If you can point me in the direction of some freebies in Russian, I'm willing to try them on out the T3 for you. Not that I can read Russian.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 01:25 AM   #18
f0liev3rte
f0liev3rte began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post

I don't have any ebooks in Russian to try on it. If you can point me in the direction of some freebies in Russian, I'm willing to try them on out the T3 for you. Not that I can read Russian.
How very kind of you.

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5316

See if it can read a Russian ePub.

I'm still stalking myself. I've settled on the Kobo for now to get started. But, if a T3 pops up in the second hand market, for the right price, I will probably end up getting it and selling the Kobo. But, I will see how the Kobo handles things.

Thanks again!
f0liev3rte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #19
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
The russian language looks just fine on the T3 screen. I also pulled it up in the Calibre viewer and the text looked the same on my computer screen as on the T3's screen. No russian dictionary though on the T3. Just english, french, and spanish.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 02:07 PM   #20
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0liev3rte View Post
- Russian support with English/Russian dictionary.
If Russian support is a priority then the Prestigio MultiReader 3664 may be your best choice.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=221902
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:02 PM   #21
f0liev3rte
f0liev3rte began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
The russian language looks just fine on the T3 screen. I also pulled it up in the Calibre viewer and the text looked the same on my computer screen as on the T3's screen. No russian dictionary though on the T3. Just english, french, and spanish.
Thanks for that Hemmi, much appreciated. I might keep my eye out for one on eBay and the like, hopefully something crops up.

For now, I have purchased the Aura HD as it was on eBay for $100AUD with free postage. A steal in my opinion. Just waiting for the mailman now.

Thanks for all the input guys. It has helped in my decision a lot.
f0liev3rte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyrillic, russian, sony prs-t3