Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #106
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisigna View Post
I am trying to install the plugin but am unable to find them in the Calibre list of plugins.

I've searched for iOS, Marvin and Greg Riker (found 3 other plugins but not the one I'm looking for) - no luck.

Am I missing something?

Thank you.
Try this:
  • Disconnect your iDevice
  • Start calibre, open Preferences|Advanced|Plugins
  • Click Get new plugins
  • In the Filter by name edit box, type Marvin XD
  • Install Marvin XD
  • Make sure that you also have the iOS reader applications plugin installed and configured.
  • Exit calibre
  • Reconnect your iDevice
  • Start Marvin
  • Touch Get books, then calibre to open the calibre connector
  • Start calibre

G
Old 12-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #107
phisigna
phisigna began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Air
Thank you. I didn't read carefully and searched for plugins before I did the 'get new plugin' step!
Advert
Old 12-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #108
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
On your iDevice, Marvin needs to be running, and you need to initiate the 'calibre connector'. From the Home or Library screen, touch Get books, then touch calibre.

Once you've started the calibre connector, the Marvin screen will change and show a dialog titled calibre connector.

Are you seeing that?

G
No I am not I am getting this error message.

Code:
calibre, version 1.15.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

calibre 1.15 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1221, in dispatch_sync_event
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1417, in sync_to_device
  File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 851, in settings
TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type
Calibre is showing iPhone connected and there is the Red M icon as well as the Marvin XD one.
Any thoughts?

Last edited by Valkrider; 12-14-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #109
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
No I am not I am getting this error message.

Code:
calibre, version 1.15.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

calibre 1.15 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1221, in dispatch_sync_event
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1417, in sync_to_device
  File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 851, in settings
TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type
Calibre is showing iPhone connected and there is the Red M icon as well as the Marvin XD one.
Any thoughts?
Please open an issue at the plugin's GitHub issue tracker. See issue #1 Creating a new issue, and follow the instructions to create a debug log to include when you create the issue.

G
Old 12-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #110
HowardBrazee
Zealot
HowardBrazee began at the beginning.

Copying library from iPad to iPhone

What is the best way to copy a Marvin library from device to device?
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #111
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@HowardBrazee - These should help:

http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/64407495557

or

http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/62814894703
Old 12-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #112
HowardBrazee
Zealot

I looked at those links, discovering that I could link to DropBox and synchronize reading locations. That is ideal for my wants.

So I connected my iPad's Marvin to DropBox, told it to synchronize reading locations, and I also backed up. Checking DropBox, I did not see anything new.

I connected my iPhone's Marvin to DropBox, and told it to synchronize reading locations, and it still has an empty library.

I'm not finding any other settings that I appear to allow for the synchronization.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #113
HowardBrazee
Zealot

2nd Marvin app

I now have two Marvin apps on my iPad. The new iPad only version is empty. The old one has all of my books on it. Is there any reason to keep the iPad only version? If so, is there any way to transfer my books?

(I have another sub-thread trying to get my iPad and iPhone Marvin's synchronized without a successful resolution).
Old 12-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #114
GRiker

@HowardBrazee, I believe this post should help you. I would suggest posting followup questions in the Marvin forum where the developer is more likely to see them.

G
Old 12-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #115
HowardBrazee
Zealot

It seems to me that when I first got your reply, that link took me to a site that had some suggestions that I looked at. But now I'm not getting anything. And I thought I found the Marvin discussion as suggested and reposted my question, but now I'm not finding that Marvin site to check to see if there are any replies.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #116
GRiker

You can find the Marvin MobileRead forum in the same section as the calibre forum.

G
Old 12-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #117
HowardBrazee
Zealot

Thanks
Old 02-08-2014, 12:40 AM   #118
hbtaylor
Enthusiast
hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: iPad 3, Nexus 7 (2013)
Easiest way to update all metadata for books on device?

I'm doing some metadata cleanup. After I make some edits, I have been selecting all of the books that show as "On Device" and clicking the "Send to Device" button. It updates the metadata for all of those items (since that is what I told it to do in the plugin configuration). Is that the best/preferred way?

I liked how Calibre Companion for Android updates the metadata when you connect, but understand that we might not want Marvin XD to do that. But I was just wondering if I was doing it the right/best way, and that I wouldn't be causing myself problems with the way I am doing it now.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2014, 06:00 AM   #119
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbtaylor View Post
I'm doing some metadata cleanup. After I make some edits, I have been selecting all of the books that show as "On Device" and clicking the "Send to Device" button. It updates the metadata for all of those items (since that is what I told it to do in the plugin configuration). Is that the best/preferred way?

I liked how Calibre Companion for Android updates the metadata when you connect, but understand that we might not want Marvin XD to do that. But I was just wondering if I was doing it the right/best way, and that I wouldn't be causing myself problems with the way I am doing it now.

Thanks!
That's the easiest method to refresh Marvin's metadata from the changes you've made in calibre, and it won't cause any problems.

The approach you've described doesn't actually require Marvin XD. Here's another approach to updating the metadata using Marvin XD.

Marvin XD lets you see which books have changed metadata - they will be displayed with a yellow background - and to see what specific metadata has been changed. Double-click the title of a book listed with a yellow background to see a metadata comparison.

You can do a bulk update of the books with changed metadata by selecting all books highlighted in yellow, right-click one of the selected titles, then selecting 'Export metadata from calibre to Marvin' from the context menu.

Either approach delivers the same end result - calibre's metadata is applied to Marvin.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 02-08-2014 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #120
hbtaylor
Enthusiast
hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: iPad 3, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Either approach delivers the same end result - calibre's metadata is applied to Marvin.
G
Thanks, Greg! I actually fiddled with both of the methods, and I think I like the Marvin XD method since it shows the things with changes and seems to be quicker for subsets of changed information.

Now I have to dig into the Read and Reading List field stuff. I created the columns, and want to make sure I get the most out of that great capability, too!
Closed Thread