Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
citron
citron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Book management: Series vs Tags vs Cetegory

I would like to manage my books in the subdirectory like structure in Calibre

Example: (the -> are the name of the structure / directories)

Computers
-> Webdesing
-> Landing page optimization
Book1
Book 2

-> SEO
Book 3

And I have problem to implement Tree structure by Series, Tags or Category...

I cant add book Title to the category structure, just Author...

What is the best solution?

Thanks
citron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:04 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You cannot control Calibre's internal naming system for files/folders (there is a sticky discussing this). If you use the Calibre GUI to interface to your library then the naming system used under the covers should to matter.

You CAN control the naming style to be sed when exporting books from Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #3
citron

basically you cannot create category or series (i cant see difference between meaning) and put book Titles under the different categories in the tree menu?

Thans
Old 05-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
citron

I dont know how the Series, Categories and Tags work but I found the way...

I created custom column (Text Column keeping like series information) where I type the Text tag of the particular book (Internet Marketing, Java...) It will appear in the left column called my series.

After I create My category tree structure with subcategories as (Computer, Internet Marketing, Java...) and to some subcategory I will move the the books from My series using a mouse...

It is strange and maybe not right use of the naming space but this is the tree structure book storing which I wanted...
Old 05-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
If you want to get hierarchy in the tag browser use in tags

Computers.Webdesign
Computers.Landing page optimization
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert