Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
Randolphlalonde
Author
Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone
Book Trailer: The First Light Chronicles Omnibus

So, after retaining the rights to the video, music and taking the time to edit, etc... I'm finished the first version of a new book trailer.

Now I'm looking for opinions, and I'd like to borrow your eyes for about 1.30 minutes.

Take a look and tell me what you think, please.
Randolphlalonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Very nice visuals and almost like how I imagined Freeground to be. However, the VO needs work. It's partly the script's cheeseyness and the voice quality is pretty bad (maybe due to compression?). Kind of sounds like it was recorded in a small bathroom while the guy was on the toilet.

Maybe shorten the hyperspace/star whizzing by part and extend the beginning animation a bit?
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
LJL
Enthusiast
LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.LJL writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Wow, very cool!

The visuals are terrific. I agree that the voiceover sounds a bit muffled.

I think the 4 review snippets coming in from all sides of the screen provide a very striking effect --very well done -- it might be cool to follow this up by combining the three shots that follow ("The Origin of the Spinward Fringe Series", "Now available on Ebook", "For free") into one shot similar to that shot (or, have the first two shots -- "The Origin of the Spinward Fringe Series", "Now available on Ebook" -- come in as one shot and then "For free" come in on the same shot a couple of seconds later if you want to really emphasize the free element.).

Anyway, great job!
LJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:19 AM   #4
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
One thing I would suggest is a little bit more dramatic spacing between your phrases. The sentences seem to sound a little bit rushed, and run into each other without sufficient pauses.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote