Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2009, 12:54 AM   #1
pragmortal
Member Retired
pragmortal began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Removing Deleted Files / Refresh the Library

I had to go and cleanup a ton of files using windows but they're still showing up in Calibre. There's no way to isolate the missing files it seems or any way or just refreshing the library. Is there a way to do this or is this just a feature that needs to be implemented?

Also, I would like the option to simply remove a book from the library instead sending it to the recycle bin. These are pretty standard options in normal media managing software.
pragmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Advanced->Check database integrity
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2009, 01:06 AM   #3
pragmortal
Member Retired

Ah, right. Thanks. Not entirely obvious what that is though really. Here's a suggestion: putting a check database integrity/remove deleted files button underneath the 'Remove Books" button in Calibre, along with an option to "Remove Without Deleting From Computer". Eh? Eh?
Old 09-20-2009, 01:12 AM   #4
pragmortal
Member Retired

Yeah, also that check integrity function doesn't actually remove the entries either, right? It seems to have removed the "Size" value in the library screen, but I still have to go and manually remove it. This could be simplified.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:51 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
As I convert books I open up the edit meta information window and delete unwanted formats from that window. This works great if you clean up as you go. Then once in a while I run the Check database integrity function to ensure everything is A ok.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert