Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
silentguy
Connoisseur
silentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10. Generation)
Modify bookmarks in epubs

Hi!
I'm thinking about new stuff I can do with my oyo plugin, and one thing I would like to be able to to is synchonize the last read location and the bookmarks that the oyo keeps with the one calibre stores in the epub.

How difficult would it be to modify those? Right now it's still pretty hypothetical cause the OYO uses an undocumented format to store those information and I have not found out what stuff like temp_calibre_txt_input_to_html_split_000.html#poin t(/1/4/10/1:295) signifies exactly, but if you tell me it would be a lot of work to modify the bookmarks and last read location calibre uses then I can spare myself trying to figure it out
silentguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre uses jquery selectors + a fraction to store location information.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
silentguy
Connoisseur
silentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10. Generation)
Hm, at first this sounded a bit cryptic to me but I figured it out. But it seems I can't really convert between the bookmark formats cause the oyo does something similar but also counts stuff like '<TextNode textContent="\n ">' as elements, which is not counted by the "*" jquery selector. and even if i found a different selector, the concersion would only work oyo -> calibre not the other way round. I guess I could parse the file again, but that seems like it's to much work for my taste...
silentguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
One of the things on my long term todo list is to sort out location addressing for html based ebook formats. Define a location format used by calibre and create routines to convert from/to that format and others used elsewhere.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote