Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
wvabob
wvabob began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thumbs up Husband looking for free 'western' novels

I have researched many threads on this forum and have found a lot of information on free download sites, but could use info on more sites that have more westerns.
Thanks for all the information, we are new to the Kindle and have learned a lot from reading all your posts.
wvabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I don't know if you have checked at the below three sites, but I gave the direct links for you to check. Let us know if you want suggestions for more places.

This is the link to our western ebooks (mobi / prc for the Kindle)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?s=&sort=ebook&order=asc&page=1&ltr=&f=1 28&genreid=western

This is the link for westerns on the feedbooks site.

http://www.feedbooks.com/type/Western/books/top

This is the link to the westerns on many books

http://manybooks.net/_scripts/categories.php?code=WES&s=1
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
wvabob

Thanks dreams, I have the last two tagged and will check out the first one you suggested more in depth.

He especially likes westerns written by Louis L'amour, but those books seem very hard to find in the free or very inexpensive sites.

Any suggestions as to where to find books by "Mr L'amour"
Old 01-18-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I've noticed a lot of Zane Grey while perusing ebooks, both here and elsewhere (though, personally, I think Riders of the Purple Sage the only one worth reading, and I'm not even sure about that).
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvabob View Post
Thanks dreams, I have the last two tagged and will check out the first one you suggested more in depth.

He especially likes westerns written by Louis L'amour, but those books seem very hard to find in the free or very inexpensive sites.

Any suggestions as to where to find books by "Mr L'amour"
Mr. L'amour only died in 1988, so his books are still very much in copyright, and will be so for many years to come. I very much doubt you will find many - or any - of them legally free.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
wvabob

Thanks for the information, that explains about the scarcity of "Mr. Lamour's" books. I have found many of Zane Grey's books and have a lot downloaded on husbands kindle.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:44 AM   #7
BarryTX
Connoisseur
BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle 2
Don't miss out on the writings of Max Brand, pseudonym for Frederick Schiller Faust. His stories are very good, I actually prefer him to the others mentioned. Besides being a great writer of westerns, he also created the famous Dr. Kildare. He died as a front line correspondent in Italy during WWII, making him a hero in my book.
BarryTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #8
waller4343
Enthusiast
waller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle DX, K3, iPad
Welcome wvabob -

As another western fan of Louis L'Amour, Zane Grey, Max Brand, etc. I would like to suggest B. M. Bower. She doesn't write the traditional "fast gun against great odds" kind of story. Her Happy Family seems "real" to me and their situations more human and humorous. And most of her stories (about 28 of 'em) are here for free.
waller4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #9
dwallbaum
Zealot
dwallbaum has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I've noticed a lot of Zane Grey while perusing ebooks, both here and elsewhere (though, personally, I think Riders of the Purple Sage the only one worth reading, and I'm not even sure about that).

For the most audacious pun, Philip Jose Farmer's "Riders of the Purple Wage" is a great read, if you are into the SF genre. Even if you aren't, its a great read.

Don
dwallbaum is offline   Reply With Quote