Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Irex Iliad (Dead), EcoReader (Smashed screen), Kobo Touch
fbreader-0.10.7 Standalone Installer - updated -

2009-06-11 updates

Heh, sorry I'm a bit inept at getting these packages right, my first go at it and all

Just did another reflash, install, test. and it seems to work as advertised, with fullscreen, Adam B's keybindings, and (mostly) non-crazy busy led.

Actually fixed the libpng.so.3 issue. /usr/lib/libpng.so.3 is a soft link to /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0.1.2.8 created from the run.sh script.

I reflashed to 2.10, upgraded to 2.12, installed the developer tools, and ran the installer, and it works!

/sigh.

2009-06-10 updates

Attached is a new version of my installer. It has a fix for the fullscreen toggle not working, as well as the installer troubles i had. And it now comes with the keybindings that are very similar to Adam B.'s 0.8.14 ones, I opted to use the long press on the 'dot' button as fullscreen, rather than rotate:
  • Upper Left/Quit Button
    • Will cancel out of TOC screen, and will quit when inside the book.
  • Page Bar Forward
    • Short Press
      • Next Page
    • Long Press
      • Redo
  • Page Bar Backward
    • Short Press
      • Previous Page
    • Long Press
      • Undo
  • Up Arrow
    • Short Press
      • Previous TOC Section
    • Long Press
      • Increase Font Size
  • Dot or "Enter" Button
    • Short Press
      • Show Table of Contents
    • Long Press
      • Toggle Full Screen.
  • Down Arrow
    • Short Press
      • Next TOC Section
    • Long Press
      • Decrease Font Size

You can of course, change these if you wish!

There are still problems with the busy LED. If you press a button that has no actual action, say next TOC section, while reading a txt file without a TOC, the light will start flashing until you change the page. Same goes for fullscreen toggling. I don't fully understand the interactions between FBReader, the xEPDmgr and liberdm/liberipc.

Also attached is a patch against the fbreader source for what I've compiled.

So, to install.
* Download the attached fbreaderinst-0.10.7-07.zip file
* unzip it, and copy the fbreaderinst-0.10.7 directory to your CF card
* load up the CF card in your iliad, and click on the Install FBReader Standalone item.
* Run FBReader from the Programs directory on your CF card.

If there's a call for it, I'll get a registry installer package out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fbreaderinst-0.10.7-07.zip (1.57 MB, 2357 views)
File Type: gz fbreader-0.10.7-iliad.patch.gz (3.1 KB, 1651 views)

Last edited by pwarren; 06-11-2009 at 07:36 AM. Reason: updates
pwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Hrm, might be some issues here. I did test it, and it worked!

But I think there was some leftover bits from a previous install...
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
pwarren
Connoisseur

fixed

Please try it out and send feedback!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:31 AM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Where are the settings saved? What path is it looking for the binaries and libraries?

If you can make a version that saves config to /mnt/settings/.fbreader and installs to /usr/, I can include it in the iLiadOS.

I simply don't have the time to port lately. :-/
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:23 AM   #5
pwarren
Connoisseur

heh, I understand about the lack of time thing

I beleive it's looking for settings in /home/root/.FBReader, tho I didn't configure that. It's looking for it's libraries and things in /media/cf/Programs/fbreader-0.10.7/. The hard coded paths are in libzlcore (I think) and are the locations of the pixmap directory

I left it as standalone, as it's not actually 'ported'. It's just fbreader-0.10.7 with Ericschliao's patches to stop the busy led going nuts, compiled for the iliad with the official toolchain and using xepdmgr to manage the display refresh. It works, but it's a bit clunky and seems to refresh the whole page a lot when only a small portion is changed.

But still, if we want it included into a 2.13 relase as is, I'm happy to recompile and retest to make sure it works when installed to /usr. Will that get us a bit closer to a 2.13 release
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 03:30 AM   #6
pwarren
Connoisseur

Attached is a tarball of a /usr install. with the freader.sh pulled from your old 0.8.14 release, and modified a bit.

unpack from / on your iliad, and it should be a drop in replacement for the old version.

Seems to work Ok on my iliad. I can run it from a run.sh launcher in /media/cf/Programs.

But it seems to have trouble loading a file from the content lister, and keeps going back to the previously opened one. Running out of time for tonight, but I'll take another look tomorrow.
Attached Files
File Type: gz fbreader-usr.tar.gz (1.64 MB, 1054 views)
Old 06-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #7
pwarren
Connoisseur

Fixed that problem.

So, unpack this attachment into /

/usr/bin/fbreader.sh to run. Works with contentLister (or newLister).

(while your here, any chance you could give me some pointers on how to create an installer image from the iliados source code?)
Attached Files
File Type: gz fbreader-usr-1.tar.gz (1.58 MB, 924 views)
Old 06-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #8
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwarren View Post
Fixed that problem.

So, unpack this attachment into /

/usr/bin/fbreader.sh to run. Works with contentLister (or newLister).

(while your here, any chance you could give me some pointers on how to create an installer image from the iliados source code?)
Excellent. I should hopefully have a chance put it into the iLiadOS and release a 2.13 release candidate soon.

Right now, the iLiadOS has a beta available. It's simply a gzipped ext2 image. You can mount it on any linux computer and add/remove the files you need.

What specifically did you need help doing?
Old 06-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #9
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Is there a chance to get this for the DR1000?
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #10
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
Is there a chance to get this for the DR1000?
You can get FBReader .10.2 for the DR here. There haven't really been that many changes between that and .10.7.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #11
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
does fbreader have decent support for ePubs that use css?
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #12
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
does fbreader have decent support for ePubs that use css?
It has limited support for CSS, and no support for SVG. You can try it out on a Windows or Linux Desktop. See the attached screenshots from an ePub of Alice in Wonderland on a Windows PC using Adobe Digital Editions and FBReader.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alice_ebub_ADE.gif
Views:	998
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	30440   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alice_ebub_FBR.gif
Views:	1032
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	30441  
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #13
pwarren
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Excellent. I should hopefully have a chance put it into the iLiadOS and release a 2.13 release candidate soon.

Right now, the iLiadOS has a beta available. It's simply a gzipped ext2 image. You can mount it on any linux computer and add/remove the files you need.

What specifically did you need help doing?
Excellent news on 2.13

Well, what I was wondering is, do we have a way of creating the install image completely from scratch, from the sources given at https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/iliados/browser ?

But it looks like we have some shortcuts in place to make it a bit easier.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:41 AM   #14
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Device: iRex iLiad v2, Onyx Boox Note 3
I can't get this to work. I unzip the installer to my CF card, I put the card in the reader and boot it up, I run "Install FBReader" from the content lister, there does indeed appear an FBReader icon in Programs, but when I click it, the green diode flashes for a second or two, the screen refreshes and nothing else happens. What am I doing wrong?
bertold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:07 AM   #15
pwarren
Connoisseur

Ah, I think I know the problem bertold. I missed a change I made to the run.sh script.

so, if you put the file attached to this post into the /Programs/fbreader-0.10.7 directory on your CF card, and rename it to run.sh it should work. (crosses fingers).

I'll update the installer package in post 1 shortly. (and add an uninstall!)
Attached Files
File Type: txt run.sh.txt (440 Bytes, 733 views)

Tags
fbreader, iliad, installer