Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 08-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Washington, DC Meet-up Saturday August 23rd at 5:00 pm

MobileRead Washington, DC Area Meet-up
Saturday, August 23rd in Herndon, Virginia
Starting at 5:00 pm (17:00)
Euro Bistro, 314 Elden Street (corner of Elden and Herndon Parkway) 703-481-8158

See Nate’s fantastic collection of reading devices, meet old friends for the first time, enjoy great food and drink in a relaxed atmosphere at MobileRead’s first Meet-up in the Washington area.

Attendees may include the following:
  • alia
  • bkirchhoff
  • cassidym and friend
  • DragonRider and friend
  • Enola
  • Kosst Amojan
  • MMascaro
  • Nate the Great
  • rflagg
  • RWood and friend
  • Steve Jordan and friend
  • TheLongShot (?)
Plus possible special guest appearance by Bob Russell and two (2) friends

These are just the ones that I know about now. Some of them may be bringing their friends (for the sake of brevity, “friends” include wives, husbands, lovers, friends, people you met in the parking lot on the way in, etc. In my case, wife.) There will be space to accommodate all who do show up so don’t worry about bringing that “extra” guest, they are welcome so bring them.

Dress is casual (although one has indicated that they are coming by between a wedding and the reception and will be dressed a bit more formerly.)

There is currently no WiFi at the restaurant and I will see what I can do this week to add that if it is of interest to the attendees. PM me if you are interested in WiFi.

Any general questions, please post them here. Any specific questions please PM me.

I hope to see all of you there on Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EuroBistroMap.gif
Views:	856
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	15281   Click image for larger version

Name:	euro250_h.jpg
Views:	847
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	15282  
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
Darn it....Virginia should be a cool place... wish I could come there with my tent after finding a low cost flight.... :/
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2008, 12:55 AM   #3
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
You can scratch me from the list. I have plans that evening.

Jason
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
ktb1381
Enthusiast
ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle
b there

Neat, I'll try to be there. Would have been nice to have been closer to the metro so us Visually Impaired folks (well, me anyway) could have had an easier time of getting there, but I do see there is a Fairfax Connector going right there!

Will anyone per chance have an amazon Kindle with them? I've been dying to see one in action. I think it should be better than my Sony Reader since the print can go larger but it would be nice to be able to check one out.
ktb1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Nate the Great has a kindle, as well as several million other devices (barely exagerrating). so it looks like you are in luck.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
DeanH
DeanH began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Good luck and have fun ...

Good luck and have fun ... I'm away that weekend ... if I was in town I'd come for sure.
DeanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

With Bob Russell confirming his and friends joining us, it looks like about 20 people. Sounds like a great evening. More are always welcome. See you there.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
ktb1381
Enthusiast
ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle
is it ok

Is it ok for some one who is kind of a lurker to show up? I mean I have chimed in now and then but I can't say I know anyone very well.
ktb1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer

Of course. Lurkers are welcome. Some of us post more than others but it will be the first time any of us have met face-to-face.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #10
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Of course. Lurkers are welcome. Some of us post more than others but it will be the first time any of us have met face-to-face.
Apart from the last Paris meet-ups, and the Edinburgh meet-up, that is.
But it is a first for America.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #11
RWood
Technogeezer

Quite true. I was thinking of the people attending. We have never met each other before. (Well, to be technical my wife and I have met each other before.)

The intent was to put their worries at ease as none of us had met each other before, while we may have posted on line and engaged in discussions in the forums, the MobileRead members at the meet-yp had not met face-to-face before.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #12
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Next time maybe we could make one in Milan Italy? ;-D
Old 08-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigino View Post
Next time maybe we could make one in Milan Italy? ;-D
hey luigino, if you want to have a meetup in italy that would be brilliant ! take a look at this thread to get some idea how to organise one (it's really easy). i don't know how many other italians are members here but maybe you can find out if you start a thread !
Old 08-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
we had some lurkers at the paris apéro as well ; they were very nice people. they said they had a great time and can't wait for the next one.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:24 AM   #15
Luigino
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hey luigino, if you want to have a meetup in italy that would be brilliant ! take a look at this thread to get some idea how to organise one (it's really easy). i don't know how many other italians are members here but maybe you can find out if you start a thread !
Uhm that'd be a great idea then Maybe when Mentor's products are in the market so we can also meet our mentors....