Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-16-2008, 03:42 AM   #1
MishaS
Connoisseur
MishaS is on a distinguished road

Device: Nokia N810/Nokia E51
That's impressive :)

A link from O'Reilly to MobileRead forums...

Check out this page. I wonder how many users that would give...
MishaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Oh no, not more crazy people heading our way....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
No, no... my books aren't ready!...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:45 AM   #4
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
No, no... my books aren't ready!...
And your excuse ???
Old 07-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
uh... I ran outta gas.
I had a flat tire.
I didn't have enough money for cab fare.
My tux didn't come back from the cleaners.
An old friend came in from outta town.
Someone stole my car.
There was an earthquake... a terrible flood... locusts!
It wasn't my fault!! I swear to God!!

(Thank you, Google.)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
uh... I ran outta gas.
So, you couldn't go out, had to stay in and do...?

Quote:
I had a flat tire.
Pump it up, or replace with the 'spare' tyre...

Quote:
I didn't have enough money for cab fare.
Hitch-hike (whoops, that's already a story...)

Quote:
My tux didn't come back from the cleaners.
No-one will know you work at the typewriter...(naked)...shhh don't tell...

Quote:
An old friend came in from outta town.
Some-one to 'bounce' ideas off of...

Quote:
Someone stole my car.
Hitch-hike (whoops, that's another 'nother story)...

Quote:
There was an earthquake... a terrible flood... locusts!
Hey ! you've got a good synopsis going there...(ah - wait, wasn't that one used in the Bible?...)

Quote:
It wasn't my fault!! I swear to God!!
Said the bishop to the actress when they got into the wrong dresses...

Quote:
(Thank you, Google.)
Sorry - not allowed, that's another thread; see pshrynk...
Old 07-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Steve forgot to mention:
  • Sunspot activity.
  • They cut the Government funding.
  • The Red Sox were playing.
  • There was this little blue pill ....
  • The server was doing backup and locked the terminals.
  • The cattle prod needed recharging.
  • It was the upstairs' maid's day off.
  • All the high ASCII bits were set.
  • The doctor was out.
  • Congress was in session.
  • Dick Chaney invited me hunting.
  • The new issue of Mad Magazine had just come out.
  • The new issue of Playboy had just come out.
  • The new issue of Hustler had just come out.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Steve forgot to mention:
  • Sunspot activity.
  • They cut the Government funding.
  • The Red Sox were playing.
  • There was this little blue pill ....
  • The server was doing backup and locked the terminals.
  • The cattle prod needed recharging.
  • It was the upstairs' maid's day off.
  • All the high ASCII bits were set.
  • The doctor was out.
  • Congress was in session.
  • Dick Chaney invited me hunting.
  • The new issue of Mad Magazine had just come out.
  • The new issue of Playboy had just come out.
  • The new issue of Hustler had just come out.
OK
We're funded?
Who?
What?
OK
Ouch!
Bad boy!
Huh?
Pshrynk was here!
Right.
Again ... ouch!
OK
Bad boy!
Really bad boy!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:29 AM   #9
GeoffC

My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, Robots, Blue things and others (they knoweth whom they be);

If you love chocolate and growing plants, the following may be of some interest...

A gorgeous-looking plant, with very deep brown flowers that really, yes really do smell of chocolate - saw one at a garden centre, yesterday - if we didn't have cats I would have got one to keep indoors...

Cosmos atrosanguineus
"Formerly called Bidens atrosanguinea and comparatively unknown, this tender Mexican perennial is now a fashionable late summer highlight in warm borders, as much for its scent of vanilla and hot chocolate as for the dusky brownish-red blooms. As with most cosmos varieties, the blooms resemble small single dahlias, and its culture is similar too, for it has a tuber which, in mild gardens, may be planted at least 15cm (6in) deep and left in the ground with winter protection, or is more usually lifted in autumn for drying and storage."
Old 07-19-2008, 08:06 AM   #10
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, Robots, Blue things and others (they knoweth whom they be);

If you love chocolate and growing plants, the following may be of some interest...

A gorgeous-looking plant, with very deep brown flowers that really, yes really do smell of chocolate - saw one at a garden centre, yesterday - if we didn't have cats I would have got one to keep indoors...

Cosmos atrosanguineus
"Formerly called Bidens atrosanguinea and comparatively unknown, this tender Mexican perennial is now a fashionable late summer highlight in warm borders, as much for its scent of vanilla and hot chocolate as for the dusky brownish-red blooms. As with most cosmos varieties, the blooms resemble small single dahlias, and its culture is similar too, for it has a tuber which, in mild gardens, may be planted at least 15cm (6in) deep and left in the ground with winter protection, or is more usually lifted in autumn for drying and storage."
Dangerous news indeed. Does this mean I have to tell my two year old daughter, and my wife, that there is a chocolate tree?
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #11
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2112 View Post
Dangerous news indeed. Does this mean I have to tell my two year old daughter, and my wife, that there is a chocolate tree?
Excuse, me...apart from my magic sources...

Where else do you expect chocolate to come from???
Old 07-19-2008, 08:45 AM   #12
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Why, the chocolate fairy of course!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
well obviously. tch.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:09 AM   #14
MishaS
Connoisseur
MishaS is on a distinguished road

Device: Nokia N810/Nokia E51
I'm really impressed on the way where the conversation went.
MishaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #15
GeoffC

Quote:
BELIEVE ME!!

She is nothing but trouble, the little minx...She tries to pinch all my best pieces, but luckily she gets just the left-overs...You're far better off coming to the source...