Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
[GUI Plugin] all recipes Recipe Reader

Create an ebook of recipes from allrecipes.com by entering the urls of interest

Main Features

Create ebook of allrecipes.com recipes
Give the ebook a title of your choice
Use generated table of contents to go to particular recipe

Change Log
1.0.2 Port to python 3

1.0.1 Ensure plugin keeps working with upcoming calibre 2.0 release

Initial release.

Special Notes

Requires calibre version 0.8.58 or later.

Usage

Click all recipes Recipe Reader button
Enter a title for the ebook (optional)
If you do not enter a title, the title will be the same as that of the first recipe
Enter URL of allrecipes.com recipe.
To enter another URL click "Add another URL" and enter the URL in the field that appears
Repeat till you have entered all the URLs you want
Click OK

A similar plugin exists for Wikipedia pages. See Wiki Reader.

To make a donation for this plugin just click the blue donate button on the top right corner of http://calibre-ebook.com/ and include a message saying "the donation is for Krittika Goyal". Thanks

I have attached an example ebook created using this plugin using links
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hot-Art...l.aspx?evt19=1
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Annies-...Cinnamon-Chips
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/real-hummus/
Attached Files
File Type: epub Appetizers [Wed, 24 Jul 2013] - allrecipes.com.epub (88.6 KB, 1075 views)
File Type: zip all recipes Recipe Reader.zip (21.7 KB, 75634 views)

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 01-08-2020 at 10:08 PM.
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
macnab69
Zealot
macnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 4
Doesn't work when you want to add another recipe at a later date.
macnab69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #3
rrpoulin
rrpoulin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle or PC
Hello,

This plugin does not work at all. Would be nice if it did!

Ron
rrpoulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:31 AM   #4
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
I'll look into it as soon as I can and post here when I figure it out
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:19 PM   #5
dudu
dudu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thumbs down waste of time

What possible good does this do? It's the biggest waste of time I have ever seen and to ask for a donation for this is just obnoxious. sorry, I'm trying to be nice but what the hell?

All it does is make an e-book (what? why? It's still mind boggling) out of shortcuts. You open it and it's just a list of links, with each one taking you to the recipe page. A folder in your favorite places would do the same thing seeing you have to open your browser to read this "book" anyway. If you use allrecipe.com all you have to do is use the "your favorite recipes" function on their site and you don't even need the folder in your favorites! Then you don't even have to keep reverting back to the "poor excuse for an e-book" to click on the next "chapter". I can't believe I was stupid enough to misread the description enough to think that it downloads recipes from the site...because that's what it says it does! silly me. and silly you if you think of sending a donation for such a useless waste of time. (unless you are her mommy..then I guess you are obligated) good luck.
dudu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 04:34 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudu View Post
What possible good does this do? It's the biggest waste of time I have ever seen and to ask for a donation for this is just obnoxious. sorry, I'm trying to be nice but what the hell?

All it does is make an e-book (what? why? It's still mind boggling) out of shortcuts. You open it and it's just a list of links, with each one taking you to the recipe page. A folder in your favorite places would do the same thing seeing you have to open your browser to read this "book" anyway. If you use allrecipe.com all you have to do is use the "your favorite recipes" function on their site and you don't even need the folder in your favorites! Then you don't even have to keep reverting back to the "poor excuse for an e-book" to click on the next "chapter". I can't believe I was stupid enough to misread the description enough to think that it downloads recipes from the site...because that's what it says it does! silly me. and silly you if you think of sending a donation for such a useless waste of time. (unless you are her mommy..then I guess you are obligated) good luck.
Apparently you didn't try very hard.

And you haven't noticed that this was already reported to be broken (which indicates it doesn't work the way it is intended to -- not sure you realized that).

With an attitude like yours, no one wants to help you though. Goodbye.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote