Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-14-2012, 03:13 AM   #1
kater
kater began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Feature request

Hi to all,
I was working with my ebook calibre library and thought of a feature that would be perhaps useful to a user.
When user selects any given number of books, right-clicks for the 'Remove files of a specific format from selected books..', a list pops-up so that user may choose the file format. It would be useful to be able to see next to each format type the actual number of books having this specific format.
For example, mobi (30), lit (10), epub (20).
Just a suggestion and an idea for an otherwise excellent product.

Best regards to all
Kater
kater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...revision/12178
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
kater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thanks !!!
I think this could be useful when managing the books.
Keep up the GREAT work!!

Greetings from a donator (twice, and planning to donate for the third time).
Old 05-18-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome and thanks for the donations
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:00 AM   #5
kater

Quote:
You're welcome and thanks for the donations
It's the least we can do for all your time and effort in making this excellent program.
Keep up the great work!!!
Advert
Old 06-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
kater

I have a question if you please. I checked the forums, but could not locate the answer to my question.
I wish to add books to my library. The library reads author name/author surname, but the books I want to add have author surname/author name. How do I tell calibre to check for this before adding them and then add them in the proper form, i.e. author name/author surname?
Thanks in advance for your help friend!!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
kater

Quote:
Hello again tireless friend,
I was thinking that perhaps it would be good to have another feature (i.e. feature request). This could be at the 'Edit metadata individually' window, where, I think, a button next to the Series field (just as you have wisely put a button next to Title and Author) by which user could jump directly to editing the series.
I also think that perhaps, if possible, you could add the search function/field, at the 'Category editor', 'Manage Publishers' and 'Manage Tags' so user could directly search for a series, publisher or tag to edit, rather than scrolling.
Again I apologise, since I do not know the technicalities or difficulties for this, it's just an idea/wish.
And by the way, after the latest update, I get many more "Calibre is not responding" and it hangs. It consistently happened when I tried to directly copy Tags from one book to the tag field of another, if that helps any. This consistently occurred ~5 times, until I had to go to the 'Edit metadata individually' window and do it from there.
Just so you know...

Thanks man!!
Keep up the EXCELLENT work!!!