Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
BakaNeko59
BakaNeko59 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color (rooted)
Customize Nook Color file location?

Is there any chance of modifying the Nook Color plugin to allow us to SPECIFY where we want to put our files? Or has anyone created a custom plugin that would allow this?

It could default to "My Files" but also give us the option to put them elsewhere for use with other apps such as Kindle or Wordplayer. A lot of people have been able to install these apps on the Nook Color since it is now basically a Froyo android device.

I realize I can do it with the folder or custom plugins, but it would be nice to be able to just use it out of the box without having to figure out the alternatives.

Also, for some reason my Calibre app is now calling my Nook's main memory Card A and my SD Card the main memory. In other words, backwards. Any ideas?
BakaNeko59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....-connect-to-it
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
BakaNeko59
BakaNeko59 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color (rooted)
Thanks for the quick response.

I've already set up a custom USB profile that works with my rooted Nook. I was just asking so that maybe other users wouldn't have to figure out how to do it.

But it still reverses my main and SD card memory in Calibre. When I look at the driveinfo.calibre (I think that's the name - I'm at work and going from memory) at the root of the Main memory it says it's "A" and the one at the root of the SD card says it's "main". I've tried editing these to change them, but they revert back.

Not a biggie since I just have to remember which is which, but confusing nonetheless.

Thanks again.
BakaNeko59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook, plugin, wordplayer