Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
cabpp
cabpp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
html to epub - Jutoh

I am a newbie - working on ebook conversion. I've created html file - Not positive it's coded correctly - but have read many website articles, ebooks on formatting / publishing, and continuing to polish my work. I've imported an html file into Jutoh - I know they recommend odt file - however I was hoping it would take what I already have, and make a 'nice' conversion. However, I get this error, among severals others which are similar. I'm not sure exactly what the issue is. I've included the html portion that this error is referring to. I was using calibre, but getting significant errors when trying to upload to iTunes, Amazon etc. In addition, Jutoh does not seem to like to import the images I had in folder with html file. Thoughts on that too??

If there is no relatively easy fix I will import an odt doc, as I have the original word doc that I could convert in Open.

<p class="P_Body_Text_First_Indent"><br/><br/>Connect with inne<br/>Website:<span class="C_URL"><a href="http://www.inne.com">inne.com</a></span><br/><br/>Facebook:&gt;<span class="C_URL"><a href="doc:-1">inne Facebook</a></span><br/><br/><span class="C_URL"><a href="doc:-1">Twitter:</a></span><br/><span class="C_URL"><a href="doc:-1">inneTwitter</a></span><br/><br/><span class="C_URL"><a href="doc:-1">Good:</a></span><br/><span class="C_URL"><a href="doc:-1">inne</a></span></p>

<p class="centered">Website:</p>
<p class="centered"><a href="http://www.inne.com">inne .com</a></p><br />

<p class="centered">Facebook:</p>
<p class="centered"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/inne">inne at Facebook<a/></p><br />

<p class="centered">Twitter:</p>
<p class="centered"><a href="https://twitter.com/inne">inne at Twitter</a></p><br />

<p class="centered">Goodreads:</p>
<p class="centered"><a href="https://www.goodreads.com/">inne at Goodreads</a></p><br />

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks a lot.
cabpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #2
cabpp

The error code in log is

WARNING: /Users/C/Documents/Jutoh Documents/Beloved.epub/OPS/section-0001.html(2500): use of non-registered URI schema type in href: doc:-1
Advert
Old 05-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The link in this section:
Quote:
<a href="doc:-1">inne Facebook</a>
A link looks like: <a href="link goes here"> but "doc:-1" is not a location.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:20 PM   #4
cabpp

I just put the Word doc through Jutoh, and looks pretty good. No messing around trying to import html anymore.

Thumbs up so far, validation process says no warnings, so pretty happy about that.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:19 AM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
.odt is not a Word doc (Word is MS Word), although it is a word doc. If you have MS Word, save as .docx

calibre may provide a better EPUB conversion anyway...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert