Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #61
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Remove the space between &keyword and ={title} (I assume you didn't put that just in this post)?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #62
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
T I set one up for Smashwords that I was going to upload here but I have to figure out how to upload first. Thanks again, I've loaded most of your plug-ins to my calibre and they are wonderful!
Using this site I grabbed the favicon Smashwords uses for their site (see attached).

Update: It looks like I grabbed a high resolution favicon, still this works great for me.

Karma to you for sharing.
Attached Images

DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #63
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Remove the space between &keyword and ={title} (I assume you didn't put that just in this post)?
That was it. I spent 2 weeks trying to get another outside plug-in to work and found the problem was an extra space in the customization.
Thanks again. I really appreciate your help!!!
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #64
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Thanks for the site info. I updated the plug-in with the new picture.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #65
mdietz39
mdietz39 doesn't littermdietz39 doesn't littermdietz39 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle v3.1
This plug-in is fantastic. Thank you very much.

One question. I encode the title of the book with an indicator as to its position in the series, eg., "[OZ01] The Wonderful Wizard of Oz", so I am able to have the titles in the series in order on my Kindle. Of course going to one of the web sites with that name will fail. I have set up a custom column named real-title with (in this instance) "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" in it. I also created another url with {real_title} in place of the {title} variable. When I run the search I get the search page of the website but not the actual book page. Is this possible or does Calibre not recognize my custom variable as an actual parameter?

Again thank you.
Mike
mdietz39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #66
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Mike,

Ahhh, sounds like you have created a little problem for yourself . You do know that rather than including series information in the title there are "other ways" using metadata plugboards to get it sorted on the Kindle? So you don't have to "corrupt" your Calibre title?

Regardless, what you want should be possible with the latest versions of this plugin since we incorporated using the Calibre template engine.

Can you post the URL from your configuration dialog, and the URL that is appearing in the web browser?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #67
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC, you need to use {#real_title} not (real_title}
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #68
mdietz39

Hey Kiwi and Kovid:
The pound sign works like a charm. Thank you.

Now to the metadata plugboards. Being a relative newbie I am still finding all kinds of things with Calibre. Everyday brings new wonders. And I will look into this.

Thank you again
Mike
Old 04-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #69
mdietz39

The metadata plugboard idea works great. I have made one minor adjustment to the idea which I will describe in the proper forum.

Again thank you
Mike
Old 04-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #70
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Great stuff Mike, glad you are up and running
Old 05-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #71
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
This plugin appears to have stopped working (won't open web browser) in Ubuntu 11.04
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #72
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
This plugin appears to have stopped working (won't open web browser) in Ubuntu 11.04
I have a Windows machine and the plugin works fine. If your web browser isn't responding then I would check the associations on your box. What happens if you assign a url to a shortcut? Does the shortcut open your web browser? Do you have a default web browser assigned? Many of these questions might be off the mark and you will need to translate them to Ubuntuese, I'm just suggesting that the error is with your OS not with the plugin.

You could always remove the plugin and the associated json file and start fresh.

Good Luck.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #73
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.6.5 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Change webbrowser launching to use Calibre's wrapper for the default browser for better Linux support
Old 05-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #74
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Changes in this release:
  • Change webbrowser launching to use Calibre's wrapper for the default browser for better Linux support
It's amazing how one little change snowballs across all plugins.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #75
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I purchase a lot of books from Baen and they have good information on the books they publish. Is there any chance to add them to the search the internet list?

Thanks!
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book details, search the internet