Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
tannenba
tannenba began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
NYT recipe output has "Continue reading..." links

Using calibre version 1.25.0 ebook-convert with the built in New York Times.recipe, I just recently (perhaps as recently as today) started getting annoying links every few paragraphs in the middle of articles that say "Continue reading the main story".

This was not happening a few days ago, although a few days ago I was using the GUI on Windows Vista, and now I am using the command-line tool on Linux (shouldn't make a difference, should it? same version of Calibre on both machines...).

My command line is:

ebook-convert "New York Times.recipe" "nyt.mobi" --output-profile "kindle"

I tried grabbing the latest nyt recipe from github, same result.... every few paragraphs have a line "Continue reading the main story".

Any thoughts? It used to be perfect.

Thanks so much!
tannenba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #2
tannenba

Followup to my own post....

Looks like the recipe just needs to be modified to filter out links that have a class that with "visually-hidden skip-to-text-link". Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that, but betting somewhere here does .

For exmaple, if you do this wget:

You will see lots of links like the following:

Quote:
<a class="visually-hidden skip-to-text-link" href="#story-continues-1">Continue reading the main story</a>
Old 02-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...18304d0498f12b
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #4
tannenba

That fixed it, thanks so much Kovid! Paypal donation to Calibre project happily sent.