Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Ancaster
Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Return Checked Out Book without Downloading

Using Overdrive with an iPad.

I have checked out a WMA book on my iPad. I can't download it because it is the wrong format, so I want to return it so others can read it.

I can't seem to find any way to return a book that is checked out but not downloaded.

Anyone know the answer.
Ancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Overdrive has no mechanism to return audiobooks early.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
Ancaster
Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ancaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
It really is the world's most obtuse software.
Ancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Perhaps but the fact is that temporary licenses are embedded in the file using a time limited DRM. There is no real way to terminate this DRM early so a user could take advantage and check in a file early only to continue to use it after check-in. A license often allows multiple machines to share only compounding the fact that it could continue to be used after checkin.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Overdrive has no mechanism to return audiobooks early.
I return MP3 audiobooks early through the Overdrive Media Console on my PC.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
Richard Moody
Connoisseur
Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.

Device: Ipad Air and Ipad Mini with retina (using Marvin)
In my Overdrive version in the UK I have the choice to return/ delete when I have finished a book. Is this not universal?
Richard Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
Richard Moody
Connoisseur
Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.

Device: Ipad Air and Ipad Mini with retina (using Marvin)
OK - sorry did not realise this was for audiobooks - can't help there.

Sorry
Richard Moody is offline   Reply With Quote