Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 05:50 AM   #1306
L'Anglaise
L'Anglaise began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you.

I'm becoming bolder in my experimentation of what I can do with this plugin and think I'm getting the hang of it now. I'm sorting books on calibre into collections using my custom column then creating them with the plugin. I'm sure I'll find additional helpful functions as I continue to use it.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:43 AM   #1307
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Test release 1.7.6

This is a test release for a problem reported by readee where a book with an invalid published date would cause a plugin crash. This version should handle poor dates without failing. Once confirmed okay, I'll upload it as the latest version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readee View Post
Calibre PlugIn Kindle Collections doesn't works, I get this error message: "ValueError:month must 1..12"

If I use the buttons "Edit Kindle Collections manually..." or "Import Kindle Collections into Calibre..." in the plugIn Kindle collections, the Error above is showing and it isn't possible to work with it

The details of the error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.ui", line 162, in edit_kindle_collections
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edi t_co llections", line 68, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 36, in init
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 59, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 169, in load_kindle_books
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 391, in convert_date
ValueError: month must be in 1..12

I use the latest version of calibre and the plugIn Kindle Collections

Please give me some help.

thx
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kindle Collections.zip (78.2 KB, 244 views)
Old 10-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #1308
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Thanks for the plug in. I just wanted to make super sure that I will be able to create collections from my custom columns (book length, genre etc). I'm making them from goodreads shelves, grouping tags to make it less messy and wanted to make extra sure before I do all this

As far as I understand the plug in is capable of dealing with custom columns which are similar to tags (text as tags)

If a book has a few tags in genre column (contemporary and fantasy) and it's length is one of the fixed values of short/middle/long. The book will end up in three collections (for example: contemporary,fantasy and short)?

Last edited by Noughty; 10-09-2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:14 AM   #1309
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The plugin can definitely create collections from a custom column, or even from the genre column, and it can create collections from more than one column at the same time (i.e. your example should work).

You can easily test out the plugin by setting up the plugin's Customization screen to select your genre and length columns and running Preview Collections to show you the results without changing anything on your Kindle.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:46 AM   #1310
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Thanks. I don't know how I would manage my library without all the plugins
Old 10-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #1311
jribeiro
jribeiro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Toolbar

How do I add the plugin to Calibre toolbar?
Plugin is installed but I can't figure out how to use it.
Using Calibre 0.8.21.
Thanks for help.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #1312
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jribeiro View Post
Using Calibre 0.8.21.
Thanks for help.
When you installed the plugin did you click on a location to use for the icon/menu item?

Click on Preferences -> Toolbar, then select 'main menu when a device is connected' (the drop down is the giant text set to 'main menu when a device is not connected). Click on Kindle Collections on the left, click on the right arrow to add it to the menu, then save.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #1313
jribeiro
jribeiro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jribeiro View Post
Using Calibre 0.8.21.
Thanks for help.
I've found out how to.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #1314
tumchiemac
tumchiemac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3

Love the way Calibre and the plugins keep evolving , huge kudos to all to all involved.

I was wondering is this sort of Kindle Collection possible.

Author Name (12)

When I click on Author, inside there should be the following.

Stand Alone Novel 1
Stand Alone Novel 2
Stand Alone Novel 3

then

Series Title 1

Inside that should be

Book Title 1
Book Title 2
Book Title 3

Series Title 2

Inside that should be

Book Title 1
Book Title 2
Book Title 3

Series Title 3

Inside that should be

Book Title 1
Book Title 2
Book Title 3

or even if I could have

Author Name

Then inside

Stand Alone Novel 1
Stand Alone Novel 2
Stand Alone Novel 3

Series 1 Book Title 1
Series 1 Book Title 2
Series 1 Book Title 3

Series 2 Book Title 1
Series 2 Book Title 2
Series 2 Book Title 3

Series 3 Book Title 1
Series 3 Book Title 2
Series 3 Book Title 3

Any appreciated.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #1315
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Unhappy One level only

Hi there
Sorry - K3 only supports one level in collections.
However you could use calibre plugboard to add series info to book title when sending to K3. Then you could "sort of" see series info and title info inside your author collections.

Cheers, Per
Old 10-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #1316
tumchiemac

Thanks Per for the quick response.

Like this

Author Name

Then inside

Stand Alone Novel 1
Stand Alone Novel 2
Stand Alone Novel 3

Series 1 Book Title 1
Series 1 Book Title 2
Series 1 Book Title 3

Series 2 Book Title 1
Series 2 Book Title 2
Series 2 Book Title 3

Series 3 Book Title 1
Series 3 Book Title 2
Series 3 Book Title 3

so how would I show this in plugboard language.

Last edited by tumchiemac; 10-15-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #1317
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumchiemac View Post

Love the way Calibre and the plugins keep evolving , huge kudos to all to all involved.

I was wondering is this sort of Kindle Collection possible.

Author Name (12)

When I click on Author, inside there should be the following.

Stand Alone Novel 1
Stand Alone Novel 2
Stand Alone Novel 3

then

Series Title 1

Inside that should be

Book Title 1
Book Title 2
Book Title 3

Series Title 2

Inside that should be

Book Title 1
Book Title 2
Book Title 3

Series Title 3

Inside that should be

Book Title 1
Book Title 2
Book Title 3

or even if I could have

Author Name

Then inside

Stand Alone Novel 1
Stand Alone Novel 2
Stand Alone Novel 3

Series 1 Book Title 1
Series 1 Book Title 2
Series 1 Book Title 3

Series 2 Book Title 1
Series 2 Book Title 2
Series 2 Book Title 3

Series 3 Book Title 1
Series 3 Book Title 2
Series 3 Book Title 3

Any appreciated.

This is not exactly what you asked for, but here is what i am using to get some thing similar:

Code:
if you want you can try listing author followed by series if there is one:

{series:'test($, strcat("[",field('author_sort')," - ",field('series'),"]"), strcat("[",field('author_sort'),"]"))'}
Here is the post with other options.

With one I'm using above I get:

[Author Name - Series]

or

[Just Author Name] (when there is no series info)

If you have authors that write both series and stand-alones or multiple series then you will get multiple collections (if all meet your set criteria), so in my case I have:

[Author "A"] (this houses the stand-alones)
[Author "A" - Series 1]
[Author "A" - Series 2]

I hope that makes sense and is helpful.

Oh the whole discussion started at post #1255

There are other posts discussing other things but you'll be able to follow the whole thread.

Last edited by Nyssa; 10-16-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: multiple typos :(
Old 10-16-2011, 06:12 AM   #1318
jackhulk
Connoisseur
jackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: K3 3G
Great plug-in, thank you!

I'm adding my collections and all is well, however how do I have my kindle list collections from top to bottom, ie first book in the series at the top of the screen? At present it's listing the last book in the series at the top of the screen and not sure how to change this?

Thank you
Old 10-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #1319
tumchiemac

Thanks Nyssa, will give that one a go
Old 10-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #1320
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumchiemac View Post
Thanks Nyssa, will give that one a go
You're welcome! Hope it helps.
Closed Thread