Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #16
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
This app has a high HSQ. I'm seriously considering ditching Cool Reader (for which I purchased a golden token no less) because the sync possibility is, in kennyc's words, SO DAMN CONVENIENT! I mean, it's real gold IMO. If delvorak convinces the FBReader people to include his work in the app, I'll jump for it. Otherwise I'd suggest contacting the CoolReader developer, Buggins, who is present in Mobileread and has expressed interest in the sync feature in the past.

Last edited by Logseman; 03-12-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #17
JonnyRotten
JonnyRotten began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Droid X
Just found this app, and I've been working on getting it set up the last couple days.
I now have the drop box syncing working correctly, but I can't seem to get it to ever open up the correct page.
My two devices are:
Nook Color
DroidX

Both are rooted. The DX is running Liberty Rom 1.5, the NC is stock, but rooted.
JonnyRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:51 AM   #18
krash1220
krash1220 began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Quote:
Originally Posted by delvorak View Post
I've found this to be a problem on some gingerbread Roms. The latest version on the market has a fix for the problems I've found /solved so far. What device and rom are you having problems with?

Scott
Pandigital Novel 9" It's has Android 2.0 on it. I never had the problem on my Pandigital Novel White 7". It just started when I got this new 9" model.

Oh and I have the latest version of the app as well.
krash1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #19
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Sounds great except for the rooting thing.
Agreed.

It's a wonderful concept, and I would hope that it makes its way into the program itself so that rooting isn't necessary.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #20
delvorak
delvorak doesn't litterdelvorak doesn't litterdelvorak doesn't litter

Device: nookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash1220 View Post
Pandigital Novel 9" It's has Android 2.0 on it. I never had the problem on my Pandigital Novel White 7". It just started when I got this new 9" model.

Oh and I have the latest version of the app as well.
Could you possibly give me a screenshot or directory listing of the files in

/data/data/org.geometerplus.zlibrary.ui.android/databases

On the device that the app isn't working on?

You can send it to adkinssoftwaredesign@gmail.com

Thanks,

Scott
delvorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #21
delvorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRotten View Post
Just found this app, and I've been working on getting it set up the last couple days.
I now have the drop box syncing working correctly, but I can't seem to get it to ever open up the correct page.
My two devices are:
Nook Color
DroidX

Both are rooted. The DX is running Liberty Rom 1.5, the NC is stock, but rooted.
I'll work with you on this through email, we'll see if we can get it fixed.

Scott
Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #22
mrschwarz
mrschwarz began at the beginning.

I changed my reader from Aldiko Premium to fbreader because of this app. I am using it on my Nook Color and Captivate phone. I am having a problem with it though.

I have 7 different editions of the same ebook an they seem to be multiplying. I have manually deleted all by one copy on both devices. The library show only on copy, but Fbsync shows all 7 copies still. Worse yet, the obvious on one device doesn't match the one copy on the other device so I cannot sync them. Is there a way to clear everything out of the server and start all over without having to create a new account?
mrschwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #23
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschwarz View Post
I changed my reader from Aldiko Premium to fbreader because of this app. I am using it on my Nook Color and Captivate phone. I am having a problem with it though.

I have 7 different editions of the same ebook an they seem to be multiplying. I have manually deleted all by one copy on both devices. The library show only on copy, but Fbsync shows all 7 copies still. Worse yet, the obvious on one device doesn't match the one copy on the other device so I cannot sync them. Is there a way to clear everything out of the server and start all over without having to create a new account?
i haven't tried it yet, but the fbsync added support to delete the local and remote db. you may want to remember your place in the book you want to read just incase you lose it.

i had 600 some books listed in the db b/c i was trying to get calibre to sync with the NC and keep series info - this is one thing i love about fbreader is that it lists series automatically w/o the need to create collections manually. sadly i can't find a way to sync the books to the NC and keep series info. i have to manually move them to the ebook folder to keep series.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #24
mrschwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsquabbles View Post
i haven't tried it yet, but the fbsync added support to delete the local and remote db. you may want to remember your place in the book you want to read just incase you lose it.

i had 600 some books listed in the db b/c i was trying to get calibre to sync with the NC and keep series info - this is one thing i love about fbreader is that it lists series automatically w/o the need to create collections manually. sadly i can't find a way to sync the books to the NC and keep series info. i have to manually move them to the ebook folder to keep series.
That's exactly what I am looking for! How do I do this? Currently, I only have a single book that is started and not finished. I can easily find my place with a bookmark.

I may not said it clearly in my first post, but this app is exactly what I was looking for. I will use whatever ereader supports it. I would even PAY (gasp) for it! Thanks for developing it.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #25
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Sounds great except for the rooting thing.
Yep....
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #26
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschwarz View Post
That's exactly what I am looking for! How do I do this? Currently, I only have a single book that is started and not finished. I can easily find my place with a bookmark.

I may not said it clearly in my first post, but this app is exactly what I was looking for. I will use whatever ereader supports it. I would even PAY (gasp) for it! Thanks for developing it.
press menu - reset local data and reset web data (2 options)
Old 04-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #27
mrschwarz

perfect! that did exactly what i needed.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #28
larski
larski began at the beginning.

Device: DX, Nook Color (CM7)
Is there any way to also sync this information on a Windows computer running the FBReader app? I read on my mobile devices, but also on my laptop. I love having this functionality in the Kindle app.
larski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #29
delvorak

Currently fbsync only works for android, and while it would be possible to write a version for the pc, I don't have any plans on doing so. Sorry.

Scott
Old 06-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #30
madsquabbles
Groupie

i'm not sure if you have a honeycomb device yet, but would you be able to port it for hc? i haven't used it on my gt10.1 in a while so i'm not exactly sure what the error was. i'll get it for you if i remember tonight. if you don't plan on making an hc version, it's cool as my main 2 readers are on gb anyways.

Tags
android, fbreader, root, sync