Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Kindle for PC

Just a heads up. Got a notice that the Kindle for PC has an update. I didn't update my version. Don't know if it will do anything to the "Tools"

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Just a heads up. Got a notice that the Kindle for PC has an update. I didn't update my version. Don't know if it will do anything to the "Tools"

Carol
Yup, same reason I rejected it yesterday. Let's see if anyone knows what it breaks or NOT.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Users of certain tools who own Kindles do know that they don't have to rely entirely on the Kindle for PC approach anymore, right? Unless that's just the way you prefer to do things -- in which case I completely understand.

I'll test it... I ain't scurred.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
DaveSp
Enthusiast
DaveSp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire
Did the dictionary feature on the PC ever work? Don't recall ever trying it until now with this new version and it doesn't work on my install (Windows 7) - I highlight a word and always get No Definition Found. I ran Check for Problems and it indicates that the dictionary has been loaded. I tried reloading, restarting the PC, etc, all to no avail.

Dave
DaveSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I have the latest version and the dictionary seems to work ok. I am not a user of the dictionary that much so I have not done much of a test. The version seems to work very well on my Dell laptop.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just downloaded version 1.4.1(31629) for Windows... downloaded "fresh" versions of several ebooks from my archive, and all is well with the most current "tools."

Is that the newest version for Windows that people are seeing?

EDIT: In fact, I completely removed the existing K4PC, installed the new and re-registered, downloaded fresh copies, and all is well.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-16-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Users of certain tools who own Kindles do know that they don't have to rely entirely on the Kindle for PC approach anymore, right? Unless that's just the way you prefer to do things -- in which case I completely understand.

I'll test it... I ain't scurred.
Are you talking about taking the books directly from the Kindle itself?

Carol
Old 03-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Are you talking about taking the books directly from the Kindle itself?
Yes indeedy.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I just downloaded version 1.4.1(31629) for Windows... downloaded "fresh" versions of several ebooks from my archive, and all is well with the most current "tools."

Is that the newest version for Windows that people are seeing?

EDIT: I fact I completely removed the existing K4PC, installed the new and re-registered, downloaded fresh copies, and all is well.
Good to know. Thanks for checking that out. I thought I remembered on one of the updates before that it 'upset' the 'Tools'. I'm still on version 1.3.0

Carol
Old 03-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Good to know. Thanks for checking that out.
Not a problem. It never hurts to play it safe.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
DaveSp
Enthusiast
DaveSp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire
I solved my dictionary problem. I renamed my Kindle Content folder, forcing a reload of everything from Amazon archives. The first time I tried the dictionary feature it downloaded and worked.

Dave
DaveSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #12
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Its version 1.4.1 (31629). Its been around since Feb. 8, 2011. Its not new.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru
Its version 1.4.1 (31629). Its been around since Feb. 8, 2011. Its not new.
Well for those of us who have automatic updates turned off (or just haven't used it for a while), yesterday was the first that my K4PC notified me of a new version available after 1.3.1. So it's new to me/us.