Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
joewalt
joewalt began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Exclamation Found answer - how to delete?

Same issue as here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143035
Found that right after posting, trying that solution now.
Sorry for the n00b move!

Last edited by joewalt; 08-13-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: found answer - how do i delete this?
joewalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewalt View Post

I haven't found any threads with my particular issue here or at XDA, although I'll admit I haven't searched XDA as thoroughly due to their admitted search problems.
Skip to for the current issue, read until for full history.
I got my PE when it was posted on WOOT for $119, having originally been looking for a Kindle. I totally loved the PE and was using it daily! I installed the official update to 2.1, then the forum mod update. At some point after installing several apps in a short time, something began running the battery down really fast. I couldn't pinpoint it so with some trepidation I did the Golden Update, and it worked like a charm.
Then I (foolishly?) tried to install the modified 2.1 update directly over the factory 1.6 from the Golden, and since then it's had the same behavior no matter what I try.
When I try to flash a Golden (or any) Update from either a USB or SD card (both of which have worked before), it displays the Updating Software screen for about five seconds, then blinks back to the normal startup screen. It will stay on the startup screen, blinking through the four dots with both screens blinking a blank screen at random. After twenty minutes the tablet side goes blank(sort of blue-black) but the backlight is still on. Going through Entourage's Golden Update process and resetting and starting again after 20 mins only brings up normal startup with dots. Anything named update.zip is ERASED from the USB or SD after I try to update it.
It also does this when I turn it on without trying to update, so it is essentially a brick at this point. The only way to turn it off is the reset button.

Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you guys can give, I have been silent thus far but this forum has been a big help for making my PE useful initially.
Does it boot up into Android at all? You said it was draining battery so I was assuming it was booting up into Android. I haven't used golden update but can't you go into settings and do a factory data reset? I thought this puts you back to stock so if anyone knows they'll chime in..
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
TASHAGIPSON
TASHAGIPSON began at the beginning.

Device: edge
i had the same problem with downgrading. the golden update from entourage edge website does not have enough mb so that could be the issue it should be 216 and the website was like 133. the one found at dusty works. here is the link to the forum that has it https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...134237&page=11 it at the top just click on the the link that is in the post

second solution would be to look under the file explorer to see if it is update.zip.zip which is reason why my downgrade never went through and I tried 8 times with different ubs and sd cards and different files. once i removed the extra zip the downgrade with smoothly

use for explore your storage device and see what the file name is and rename if it is not update.zip and check how many mb the file is.

Last edited by TASHAGIPSON; 08-13-2011 at 10:36 AM.
TASHAGIPSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewalt View Post
Same issue as here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143035
Found that right after posting, trying that solution now.
Sorry for the n00b move!
You aren't the first and won't be the last . . . even questions that have been asked and answered end up helping someone, it seems.

Glad you got it working, and glad to have you as a contributing member of the forum!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #5
joewalt
joewalt began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
I use a mac so I don't get the .zip.zip problem, but thanks for the suggestion. Emusan's modified golden update linked in post #2 of the discussion I linked above was the key. My PE is now happily running the modified 2.2 from the dev thread after going:
Emusan's Modified 1.6 Golden -> Entourage's 2.1 (d/led from Dusty I think) -> dev forum modified 2.2

Thanks for the help! These forums are the best.
joewalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert