Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
KevisHendrickson
Zealot
KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Rogue Hunter Gaia Trilogy Complete-FREE

I would like to share the news that my sci-fi short-story trilogy Rogue Hunter: Gaia is now complete and available for download in multiple formats at Smashwords.com. I invite you to click on any of the following links to download your FREE copy of Rogue Hunter: Gaia. Please don't forget to post your reviews. Any and all feedback (good or bad) is appreciated. Hope you enjoy the story everyone.

Rogue Hunter: Gaia #1: Into the Abyss: Smashwords (FREE): http://bit.ly/8YGFeG

Rogue Hunter: Gaia #2: Intruder:Smashwords (FREE): http://bit.ly/bNUffn

Rogue Hunter: Gaia #3: Legacy:Smashwords (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11121
KevisHendrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Downloaded and on the TBR list, thanks I will post a review after I read them.
Best wishes
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:24 AM   #3
KevisHendrickson
Zealot
KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billjr13 View Post
Downloaded and on the TBR list, thanks I will post a review after I read them.
Best wishes
Thanks, Billy. Can't thank you enough for downloading Rogue Hunter. Looking forward to reading your comments.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:32 AM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Iʻm going to check it out as well! Thanks for the books
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:10 AM   #5
KevisHendrickson
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Iʻm going to check it out as well! Thanks for the books
Grace,

Happy to have you share the adventure with me. BTW, I've decided to lower the price of the full-sized novel entitled Rogue Hunter: Quest of the Hunter to 99 cents for this weekend only (reg. $4.99). Hope you decide to get yourself a copy. If you're interested, here's the link:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/3564
Old 03-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Thanks for the opportunity to check these out for free!

I'm not sure if you're aware, but the RTF version of books 1 and 3 are huge! Close to 50 MB for one and 60 MB for the other, whereas book 2 was around 4 MB.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #7
KevisHendrickson
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainring View Post
Thanks for the opportunity to check these out for free!

I'm not sure if you're aware, but the RTF version of books 1 and 3 are huge! Close to 50 MB for one and 60 MB for the other, whereas book 2 was around 4 MB.
Chainring,

I was not aware that there was such a discrepancy in the size of the .RTF files for my ebooks. I can only guess that the reason for this is because the files contain illustrations. What makes this even more peculiar is that the other formats such as .mobi and epub have much smaller files than the RTF counterparts. I suppose this has something to do with the Smashwords meatgrinder formatting process. Unfortunately, I have no control over this process and can only suggest that you add my ebooks to your tag cloud before and after you read my book in order to conserve space on your designated ereader.

I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to my attention. I will be sure to pass the information on to anyone who is concerned about downloading large ebook files. In any event, I hope you enjoy Rogue Hunter. And please don't forget to post a review on Smashwords or Amazon. It will really help me in my promotional efforts.

-99 CENTS WEEKEND SPECIAL! Rogue Hunter: Quest of the Hunter
(Reg. price $4.99)
Sale Ends 3/29/10

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/3564

Last edited by KevisHendrickson; 03-27-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Thanks for the books Kevis. They're in my TBR queue. We'll see if I can get to them in this century

Of course, the fact that they're short really helps.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #9
KevisHendrickson
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
Thanks for the books Kevis. They're in my TBR queue. We'll see if I can get to them in this century

Of course, the fact that they're short really helps.
Animedude,

As always it's wonderful to have your support. For certain my new trilogy is short, but hopefully you'll find them sweet as well!

Rogue Hunter: Gaia #1: Into the Abyss: Smashwords (FREE): http://bit.ly/8YGFeG

Rogue Hunter: Gaia #2: Intruder:Smashwords (FREE): http://bit.ly/bNUffn

Rogue Hunter: Gaia #3: Legacy:Smashwords (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11121
Old 03-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #10
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Well, right now with my TBR queue so long, I end up moving shorter books up the queue so I can finish them and feel like I'm getting somewhere
Old 03-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #11
KevisHendrickson
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
Well, right now with my TBR queue so long, I end up moving shorter books up the queue so I can finish them and feel like I'm getting somewhere
I can guiltily admit that I do the same thing all the time. I read a lot of fantasy. Since it's nigh impossible to wade through an endless parade of multi-volume epics consisting of 600+ page novels within any real speed, I'd never get a chance to read anything else if I didn't sneak a few shorter pieces in between the lengthier novels. Like you, shuffling my TBR list is an absolute necessity!

Last edited by KevisHendrickson; 03-27-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #12
animedude01
Addict

Not just shuffling... I usually have anywhere between 2-6 books going at any particular time
Old 03-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #13
KevisHendrickson
Zealot

Same here. So many books to read. So little time.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #14
animedude01
Addict

Is anyone else having problems with the epub version of the 3 books on a 5" PocketPro? They epub works fine in Calibre and fbreader, but refuses to open on the PP. I'm testing the moni version to see if that works. Anyone else see this?
Old 03-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #15
animedude01
Addict

Okay... the mobi version works fine, so I can read that. I'm still curious if anyone else is having this issue but the mobi version is fine for me