Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #31
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I just got my new cover from the Arta Tech store on Amazon, and I have to say, it's really nice. http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While I'm pretty sure it's not actually leather, it doesn't feel overly plastic-y, and only has a tiny bit of a chemical smell if I put my nose directly on it--no smell at all with just holding it and reading. It has a textured feel, but not "pebbled" like some covers--just a very subtle texture like that of old leather. The inside flap is soft and feels like suede, and there's a clip in tray that holds the reader snugly, but not so tight that I'm afraid I'm going to break the reader when I take it out. The auto-sleep feature works nicely, and I really like that there are 2 separate magnets to hold it closed, one at the top and one at the bottom--it makes me feel a little bit better about putting it in my purse because it holds it closed better.

All in all, I think that this is the nicest cover I've ever used. I'm sure a real leather Oberon might be nicer in some ways, but I really like the slim fit tray and auto-sleep, so I think, at least for me, this one may be nicer.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Different image on the cover, but otherwise it looks identical to the ones that Booxstor sells. It does work well - I'm very happy with mine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #33
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can't install the Onyx International firmware on the Lynx. (unless you jump through a lot of hoops)
Actually it's not difficult. You just have to do the first comment from here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=242726

Provided that the mfgtool doesn't crash your Windows virtual machine, like it happened for me, it's pretty straightforward.
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:26 AM   #34
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I just got my new cover from the Arta Tech store on Amazon, and I have to say, it's really nice. http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Shari
Happy to read that. I ordered mine two days ago, but there was no review on Amazon, I kind of risked it
Old 09-11-2014, 10:37 AM   #35
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
Received my cover from Amazon several days ago, and I, too, am very happy with it. It's a perfect fit, nice looking, and light weight. Wish I could say as many good things about the T68 itself.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #36
dnastase
Addict

Got mine too yesterday. I like it too. Seems a bit too loose in the part that holds the reader and the flap/cover a bit too, but I'm not picky, it's a nice and functional cover.
And I like the nuance of color too

Last edited by dnastase; 09-13-2014 at 07:15 AM.