Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #10531
Lynx-lynx
Cheeky Kiki!!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo
Okay, I see you haven't been charged for the book, but for one odd reason or another does it show in 'My Library'?

PS: I'm guessing that you're living through 'interesting times' there at the moment.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; Yesterday at 10:05 PM. Reason: add the PS
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #10532
Billingsgate
Buys too many books
Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
The book doesn't appear in my Kobo Library.

Yes, exciting times in Hong Kong. I've joined the student protests. But let's not get into that. WAY off topic.
Billingsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #10533
Billingsgate
Buys too many books
Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Now here's something weird I just noticed. When I go to check out the book, the Purchase page says, "You will be charged $77.99 for this purchase. By clicking Buy Now, I agree to Kobo's terms of sale." (remember this is HK$).

When I enter SAV50, the new checkout price displays as $39. But those little words at the top now read: "You will not be charged for this purchase. By clicking Buy Now, I agree to Kobo's terms of sale."

This indicates that the discount code is actually not being accepted, even though the checkout price reflects the discount.

EDIT: But if I try one of the recent 35% comeback codes, the little words at the top now tell me "You will be charged $50.69".

So, problem solved: SAV50 is not valid in the HK store, even though it claims to be. I'm so irritated by this whole thing I'm not going to buy the damn book even with the 35% discount.

Last edited by Billingsgate; Yesterday at 10:21 PM.
Billingsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM   #10534
Lynx-lynx
Cheeky Kiki!!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo
Okay, I just tried sav50 on a Kerry Greenwood book (because I knew it to be discountable), and I get the same message as you:
Quote:
You will not be charged for this purchase. By clicking Buy Now, I agree to Kobo's Terms of Sale.
I don't know how long that statement has been there, and I don't want to buy any books at the moment so I can't test it out.

But just to let you know that it's also on my Aus checkout.

Edit
I've just added a photo so that people can see what we're referring to.

Edit 2
Thinking about it, I think it's the standard 'sloppy' message and that a person will be charged the amount showing in the Total. Otherwise they're in breach of consumer laws.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	buy_now_kobo.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	129983  

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; Yesterday at 10:36 PM. Reason: add the pic + Edit 2
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #10535
Rev. Bob
Guru
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsgate View Post
Thanks for the link about kepubs. The one time I tried to "rescue" a book from kepub format, there were so many formatting errors my Sony Reader couldn't handle it.
The "Modify ePub" plugin can help with that...
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:17 AM   #10536
BuyMore
Cheapo Boo
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Kobo Glo
New contest coming soon!

http://contest.kobo.com

Quote:
Contest starts on October 22nd at 1pm EST !

Same bad distribution ratio, though.

Quote:
Coupon Value Daily Distribution
10% off 20.0%
20% off 30.0%
25% off 25.0%
30% off 19.15%
35% off 4.40%
45% off 0.60%
55% off 0.50%
65% off 0.20%
75% off 0.15%
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:37 AM   #10537
library addict
Wizard
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini, Nexus 7 2
Bummer. But at least there's a (slim) chance at a decent code.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:04 AM   #10538
GtrsRGr8
Guru
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyMore View Post
New contest coming soon!

http://contest.kobo.com

Same bad distribution ratio, though.
But, I feel lucky this time.
GtrsRGr8 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals