Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
polyfragmentiert
Groupie
polyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SONY PRS-T1, bald tolino vision 3 HD
Ahoy from Northern Germany

Hey-hey,

I'm Thorsten (35) from Northern Germany (Kiel) and rather new to MobileRead.

I ordered my first ebook reader, a Cybook Opus, yesterday and am really looking forward to checking it out soon.

Really excited about reading tons of books from feedbooks.com, they really seem to have lots of classics and contemporary novels. I was surprised to see that Doctorow isn't the only (scifi) author publishing his works under a creative commons or similar license. Awesome, Peter Watts!

Cheers

- Thorsten

Last edited by polyfragmentiert; 11-18-2009 at 05:05 AM.
polyfragmentiert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Thorsten and welcome to MobileRead. Be sure and let us know when you get your Cybook and how you like it.

Meanwhile, check out all the free books here on MR. Also check out our German language section here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	Listener-4692560-hello.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	39455 Thorsten, and welcome to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome, we love northern Germans.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Throsten.

Don't forget to check out the thousands of e-books available here also.

You can sort by author, title, or genre. Just click on the little 'e-books' tab at the top.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 04:23 AM   #6
polyfragmentiert
Groupie
polyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshes

Thanks for the warm welcome,

I'm surely going to check out the ebooks available here on MobileRead as well. I'm really getting very worked up about ebooks these days, hehe.

- Thorsten
Old 11-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #7
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfragmentiert View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome,

I'm surely going to check out the ebooks available here on MobileRead as well. I'm really getting very worked up about ebooks these days, hehe.

- Thorsten

He-he! I love it. Welcome again.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #8
polyfragmentiert
Groupie

Thanks Kenny!

I got an e-mail today that the reader is on its way, so probably only 1 or 2 more days waiting time! Yay-y0.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:50 AM   #9
kennyc

Cool!
Old 11-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #10
polyfragmentiert
Groupie

The Opus just arrived! Charging it now and then fiddling with it like hell. Can't wait.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:00 AM   #11
polyfragmentiert
Groupie

Alright,

took the Opus for a few spins last night. I am noting down my experiences in a German topic which has already grown to be a bit longish. Duplicating it here would be too time-consuming so let me summarise real quick:
  • I'm happy with the Opus so far!
  • After transferring some files to the device before starting to use it, it froze up completely for me. Had to "hard-reset" it via the backside reset button. No freezes since though, maybe some freak incident
  • The rendered books and fonts looks awesome, I'm sold on eInk despite the slight "recycling-paper" background feel
  • After almost 30 years of being a paper book-lover, it does need some adaptation on my part to use the device, but I guess that's normal. It certainly feels a little like a "paradigm shift" to me, but not in a negative way
Old 11-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #12
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfragmentiert View Post
Alright,

took the Opus for a few spins last night. I am noting down my experiences in a German topic which has already grown to be a bit longish. Duplicating it here would be too time-consuming so let me summarise real quick:
  • I'm happy with the Opus so far!
  • After transferring some files to the device before starting to use it, it froze up completely for me. Had to "hard-reset" it via the backside reset button. No freezes since though, maybe some freak incident
  • The rendered books and fonts looks awesome, I'm sold on eInk despite the slight "recycling-paper" background feel
  • After almost 30 years of being a paper book-lover, it does need some adaptation on my part to use the device, but I guess that's normal. It certainly feels a little like a "paradigm shift" to me, but not in a negative way
Very cool! Thanks for the update!