Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-23-2014, 06:01 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-One View Post
Now that I've heard about the new PocketBook "InkPad", I think I'll wait for that device; it seems to be the better choice. And I even like the design better.

If only Bookeen had been faster they'd have gotten my money.
Unfortunately Bookeen are not good (to put it kindly) at hitting release targets. They seem to regard them more as vague aspirations than actual deadlines.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:15 AM   #17
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Now that I've heard about the new PocketBook "InkPad", I think I'll wait for that device; it seems to be the better choice. And I even like the design better.

If only Bookeen had been faster they'd have gotten my money.
Unfortunately the Inkpad 50 g. heavier than the Ocean , 350 g VS 300 g. so I'm going to wait a bit longer.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #18
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Unfortunately Bookeen are not good (to put it kindly) at hitting release targets. They seem to regard them more as vague aspirations than actual deadlines.
You are right. It's now about half a year past their original release date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Unfortunately the Inkpad 50 g. heavier than the Ocean , 350 g VS 300 g. so I'm going to wait a bit longer.
Perhaps it's just me, but the weight is the least important factor about an eReader. Especially when the other specs seem to outweigh that little "flaw".
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:47 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Perhaps it's just me, but the weight is the least important factor about an eReader. Especially when the other specs seem to outweigh that little "flaw".
I agree with you. Weight is a very minor consideration for me, compared to specification and firmware features. All the modern reading devices are lightweight compared to a hardback book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #20
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Weight will be a factor for me, as i will eventually hold it one handed.
There's a reason I never bought hardbacks.

I can't figure out poketbook interface, i'm used to bookeen's, though it have it flaw.

And being in France, it's easier to find as well.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Actually I wonder what the final weight will really be. This unit is just like the color lux except that the screen is monochrome. the color lux claims to be 300g with a bigger battery.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #22
mvo
Connoisseur
mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: see signature
Looks like the Cybook Ocean is getting closer. Available for pre-order 5 November.

Source: http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/1...der-next-month
mvo is offline   Reply With Quote