Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #16
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I've been trying to figure out how to get my old Infocom "games" off of the 5.25-inch disks so I can read them on the Apple, helped my son pour some cement and celebrated my puppy's First Birthday with a new Braidz Zebra. I used to watch soccer years ago but haven't kept up with it.

Hey! Just looked. What's going on over there! That's all messed up, it can't be right. I'm going back into the Great Underground Empire until this thing's over. There's a thief down there who has some of my stuff.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:53 AM   #17
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
I am afraid that I am one of those types that has no interest in football (soccer) at all. Even though I am pleased that everyone gets together for a proper international event which fosters many positive benefits, it is just not for me.

So I was wondering if you are not into the World Cup what are you doing instead?
At least I'm not alone!

I'll be doing the same things I'll normally be doing. During the day, work, during the evenings, some computer gaming, reading and watching series, maybe a movie (taped or on DVD). Oh, I also need to paint a few more boards for in our clothes closet... First layer of paint is already applied, they need a second layer...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 04:21 AM   #18
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
At least I'm not alone!

I'll be doing the same things I'll normally be doing

Yes. You are not alone.
I spent this weekend on setting up a new home theatre system, and watching 2 films. The first films since I moved into this house in September.
One of them was quite emotional. The Time Traveller's Wife. OH cried, despite both of us knew the ending because we read the book. So, the next day we had to watch comedy, the Proposal, to cheer up
I would not even know about the big event, if there were not a stampede a few days ago.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:52 AM   #19
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I would not even know about the big event, if there were not a stampede a few days ago.
I only hear about it every 5 minutes, and there are absolutely no visible clues here, except all the orange that can be seen... On about every street corner, website, tv show, newspaper (you know, that paper thingie), office buildings...
Old 06-14-2010, 05:14 AM   #20
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
My home became a sport free zone, once my son moved out. I'm free of the shouting and cheering, and thankfully spared the heated commentary from the couch section (unless, my mom, my uncle, or my son are visiting).

I enjoy the quiet and read.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 05:48 AM   #21
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I'm doing what I usually do, and I know that if something really exciting happens, I'll know from the screams outside my window. South Africa is almost in the same time zone as we are, so I have real-time updates.

Other than that, I keep more or less informed through my co-workers. It's fun hearing them commenting. I got an update on the betting this morning, and I'm at the bottom of the list, surprisingly enough it looks like I bet on all the wrong teams
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:55 AM   #22
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To tell the truth, I am very surprised by the number of people who doesn't care about football. Everybody around me does care. I always thought I am an odd one.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:04 AM   #23
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Just the same old .....

If 1966 was not continually rammed down our throats from the media at every opportunity I might have considered following football as I did as a youth; but every four years (and two for the European) the same old 'glory year' keeps coming up and gets very very tiresome - especially when promises fade to nothing.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:11 AM   #24
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Just the same old .....

If 1966 was not continually rammed down our throats from the media at every opportunity I might have considered following football as I did as a youth; but every four years (and two for the European) the same old 'glory year' keeps coming up and gets very very tiresome - especially when promises fade to nothing.
I thought the French were the only people to live in the past
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #25
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
:bless you:
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #26
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Take heart, everyone-- there is refuge from soccer is Somalia!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/africa/10307512.stm
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #27
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post

Oh geez, that's really pitiful.

Last edited by speedtouch; 06-14-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Had to delete rant.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #28
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:

I think that link provides the best quote of the WC so far:

Quote:
"... and they will not benefit anything or get any experience by watching mad men jumping up and down," he said.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #29
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

That's scary...
Old 06-15-2010, 04:23 AM   #30
astra
The Introvert

They never cease to amaze me...