Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-03-2023, 06:17 AM   #1
shemsha
Connoisseur
shemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Recommended reading setttings

Hi,
My Boox Leaf 2 used to work great for me when I still had the per app settings of refresh every X actions and Animation filter setting. I had it set for a 3rd party app and it worked great for me.
Since this was lost in a firmware update, I find myself unable to find a good setting that minimzes page turn animation, minimizes ghosting but still does a speedy page turn.
What are you using for reading? Speed? Any other optimiztion possible?

Thanks!
shemsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 06:47 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I'm surprised that you have any animations.
When I go to Android Settings > System > Advanced > Developer > (whatever) Animation scale they are all grayed and "Off".
Code:
adb shell am -n com.android.settings/.Settings
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2023, 08:06 AM   #3
shemsha
Connoisseur
shemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animals

Maybe that's not the probem I am facing. What I meant is that with refresh settings per app (that are now gone), I used ot have it set as :Normal mode, refresh every 20 operations, animation filter 100 and it worked out for me.
Now, I am not sure how to get to a similar config.
Old 12-03-2023, 12:11 PM   #4
shemsha
Connoisseur

Apologies, found the settings I lost