Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-28-2023, 08:07 AM   #61
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by popej View Post
This Meebook M6 seems to be quite a nice alternative to Poke 5. More RAM and maybe a better CPU,
You don't need both on a 6 inch device.
Quote:
but no speaker, if I get it correctly.
The Poke 5 doesn't have that either.
But:
- The Poke 5 is smaller and lighter (more portable).
- Screen handling is far better.
- I don't have the M6, but Boox devices can handle power better than Likebook/Meebook.
Since Boox can handle SD cards, I prefer these devices to the Likebook/Meebooks

Last edited by ottischwenk; 05-28-2023 at 08:19 AM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 08:07 AM   #62
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Woxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
[*]You're allowed to like the Meebook if you want.
I do.

You’re allowed to like your Poke5 if you want.
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2023, 08:39 AM   #63
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I don't use a reader as a flashlight.
Of course you don’t use the Poke5 as a flashlight because he is not bright enough
Old 05-28-2023, 09:33 AM   #64
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
@Sonnenfee I did find your photograph useful. I also always read with the warm light on (to a greater or lesser extent) and pictures without light don't tell me anything at all. In fact I had already seen some (negative) comments similar to yours on a Chinese forum and on a YouTube video. Of course, each user has their own preferences in terms of lighting. Mine is pretty much the same as yours. Personally I have always preferred comments that are based on first hand experience even if I don't always agree with them.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 09:40 AM   #65
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenfee View Post
I have one but a comparison without light is for me and others who would like to read with light not useful.
It's interesting that the contrast in the Poke 5 (in your photo) is a whole shade of gray higher.
White to Black Comparison (Backgrounds to Calculator vs Applications)
Advert
Old 05-30-2023, 08:40 AM   #66
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
@Logseman Could you double check something in fastboot or fastbootd?
Code:
C:\>fastboot getvar secure
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 03:13 PM   #67
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Code:
PS PATH> fastboot getvar secure
secure: yes
Finished. Total time: 0.000s
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 05:11 PM   #68
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I shoulda bought a case of Poke3's.
Old 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM   #69
Sonnenfee
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
@Sonnenfee I did find your photograph useful. I also always read with the warm light on (to a greater or lesser extent) and pictures without light don't tell me anything at all. In fact I had already seen some (negative) comments similar to yours on a Chinese forum and on a YouTube video. Of course, each user has their own preferences in terms of lighting. Mine is pretty much the same as yours. Personally I have always preferred comments that are based on first hand experience even if I don't always agree with them.
Thank you for your positive answer to the pictures, cellaris, to find them useful and helpful. Pictures without light on at a reading device telling me nothing at all too.
For the short report, the comments in a Chinese Forum and at a YouTube video, thanks too.

“Personally I have always preferred comments that are based on first hand experience even if I don't always agree with them.”
That’s what I like also, first hands experience. Personally to this I prefer comments and reports from users which are objective, but to get those it’s difficult. But at all it’s like you wrote: “Personally I have always preferred comments that are based on first hand experience even if I don't always agree with them.”
Old 06-12-2023, 08:13 AM   #70
popej
Connoisseur
popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox leaf 2 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
You don't need both on a 6 inch device.
You don't need Android on ebook reader either. But if you want Android, then more RAM and better CPU increase device usability.
popej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 01:04 PM   #71
Rlfish0630
Rlfish0630 began at the beginning.

Device: Like book P6
Got new Poke 5 and it looks and works great except I can't get it to recognize the SD card! Anyone else having this problem and can let me know a solution?
Rlfish0630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 06:50 AM   #72
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlfish0630 View Post
Got new Poke 5 and it looks and works great except I can't get it to recognize the SD card!
Do you have ADB working?
Do (with a SD card inserted):
Code:
C:\>adb shell
$ ls -l /dev/block
Did anybody get a cover? Could you confirm please if the cover sleeps/wakes up the Poke5?
Old 07-08-2023, 09:50 PM   #73
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura One, Voyage, Oasis 1 & 2, Many others getting dusty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Did anybody get a cover? Could you confirm please if the cover sleeps/wakes up the Poke5?
Yes it does.
jkrzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 03:14 AM   #74
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlfish0630 View Post
I can't get it to recognize the SD card!
I have no problems - which card(s) die you try?
Old 07-12-2023, 07:54 PM   #75
Renate
Wizard

Another stupid question:
If ordering from https://shop.boox.com/ for delivery in the US, how do they ship (which provider) and do you get a choice?