Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-19-2020, 09:29 AM   #1
SilverJay
SilverJay began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
Onyx Boox Max 3 screen replacement

Hello there,

Unfortunately my Onyx Boox Max 3's screen has developed horizontal and vertical black/white lines, so it looks like the screen needs replacing. It started off as one horizontal line but more keep appearing. I have no idea why this has happened. A factory reset hasn't resolved it so I'm assuming it's a hardware issue.

I purchased it from a second hand high street retailer in the UK, although it was pretty much unused.

Does anyone here know if I can still get the screen replaced by Onyx even if I haven't purchased it new from a store they recognise? As far as I'm aware they replace the screen under the usual 12 month warranty? And the device hasn't even been out for 12 months in the UK as far as I'm aware...

I'm just wondering in case I run into issues with returning it to the high street retailer. It would be pretty annoying if they accuse me of dropping it and causing the damage myself. They are some scuff marks on the machine (I accidenty scraped it against a wall ) so I'm hoping they don't use that against me. Plus I'd actually like to keep it as it's such a useful tablet, so I'm in two minds whether it would be better to contact Onyx direct and see if they can replace the screen for me. Both options are going to take time with the ongoing pandemic with shipping etc, so I'd rather just choose one at this point.

If anyone could enlighten me with their experiences with Onyx that would be fabulous and if anyone has been in a similar position I'd love to hear from you.

Many thanks
SilverJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 04:46 AM   #2
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
One line of dead pixels here too

Let's hope they don't multiply!
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2020, 06:05 AM   #3
SleepWithMachine
not meant sexually
SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nova Air C
I would simply call Onyx or send an email. Usually they should recognize the delivery date by the serial number and everything is fine
SleepWithMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:30 PM   #4
JeffC
JeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Boox Max 2 Pro
I had the same problem last year with my Max 2 pro. Such lines are caused by the E-Ink manufacturer's problem, and Boox usually just replaces the screen. I had my screen replaced in Hong Kong without paying any expenses. But it took almost a month since their HK office needed to send it back to Guangzhou City.
JeffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 03:54 AM   #5
batman52
batman52 began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia5530 DingooA320
I have bought an used Max 3 with 2 lines (at discounted price), and now a third appeared... how long do you think replacement policy will last from Onyx side ?
batman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert