Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #46
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
For what it's worth.

I changed SD cards and the second one worked. May not be relevant but the first card was a 256MB SanDisk card (did not work) & the second one was a Kingston 256MB card that worked first time.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:37 AM   #47
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I take my SD card out of the Cybook to load the firmware on to it - don't know why - just 'feels' safer that way....does anyone else?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2008, 08:39 AM   #48
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Nope - I just copy the firmware fire via USB with the card in the machine. Works fine for me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #49
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I take my SD card out of the Cybook to load the firmware on to it - don't know why - just 'feels' safer that way....does anyone else?
I'm not doing that. But make sure to have the battery fully loaded. The upgrade uses a lot of power. I noticed that my powermeter dropped from 100% to 80% in the 2-3 minutes it takes to update. So don't start with 40% . I'm sure you don't want to run out of power during the upgrade
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #50
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
* Regression fix: power consumption issue (build 685) fixed.
Looks like there's still some bugs here.

I updated my firmware the day it came out.

Last night, my Cybook battery was at 100%.
Today, when I powered it on, it was down to 20% and while I was looking at it, it dropped to 10%.

It also didn't recognize the SD card in it. I had to pop it out and put it back to make it recognize. Note that I have not had the card out since I shut it down last night - when it worked fine.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #51
pmwt
Enthusiast
pmwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo HD
I had various sd issues with cybook. I finally settled on a 256mb sd card from an old camera for my ebooks and a 32mb sd card which I have been using for firmware upgrade exclusively. My cybook seems to work well with the older and lower capacity sd cards.
pmwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #52
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
No problems here. Yesterday it was 100% and it is still so today. I did not read much however.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #53
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
Looks like there's still some bugs here.

I updated my firmware the day it came out.

Last night, my Cybook battery was at 100%.
Today, when I powered it on, it was down to 20% and while I was looking at it, it dropped to 10%.
Hmmm. Although I haven't done any formal testing, I am not seeing that. My impression is that -- at least for me -- the battery life on 708 is much improved over 685 and back to what it was on 538.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #54
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwt View Post
I had various sd issues with cybook. I finally settled on a 256mb sd card from an old camera for my ebooks and a 32mb sd card which I have been using for firmware upgrade exclusively. My cybook seems to work well with the older and lower capacity sd cards.
The card that I use is the one I got with the NAEB bundle and has been working fine since I got the Cybook.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #55
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
The card that I use is the one I got with the NAEB bundle and has been working fine since I got the Cybook.
Mine was the Bookeen issue, all I've done is re-format to FAT32 and all has been onkidorey since.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #56
pmwt
Enthusiast
pmwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo HD
Smile

Quote:
Mine was also a NAEB bundle. The SD card in the bundle was DOA. I tried a 1gig SD card for a while with no problems until Cybook started to not recognizing the sd card after a charge-up (not alway, but often enough). My current 256mb sd card seems to work fine for me and I'm sticking with what works for me right now
pmwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:57 AM   #57
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Phew!!! It worked!!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the suggestions about getting the new version onto my Cybook! ..

I was just about despairing yesterday when I read about putting the new firmware onto the SD card while the card was in the Cybook! .. it was the one thing I hadn't tried and it worked!! .. I don't know if it's because I have a Mac but I'd always done it by putting onto the SD card and then into the Cybook!

Thanks for walking with me thru it ..

Thanks again, Mobileread

feeling slightly less Loopy today (Gill)
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:02 AM   #58
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's good news, Gill. As you said, not particularly important for this firmware update, but potentially very important if there's a "major" release in the future.

I don't know why copying the file directly from the Mac didn't work. Sounds as though the file was perhaps being corrupted in some way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:18 AM   #59
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I've installed the new firmware yesterday and it's all ok so far.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:25 AM   #60
magiske
magiske began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen 3
Been running the new fw for 2 days now..

And battery life is improved, page turn button works much better, in the 2 days I have not have one single pageturn press that don't turn the page. Where the old fw did register(green light) but did not turn..

Pdf is still funky though.

/M
magiske is offline   Reply With Quote