Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-14-2023, 04:22 PM   #1
Kobo-SH
Kobo-SH began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Elipsa, Forma, Boox M92, M96, N96, Max, Pocketbook P740
Display Damage

I had some questions about display damage. I have bought two displays 9.7 inch. But they both have the same problem (some white/black spots). I don't know whether the display was damaged before I bought them or my ereader made the display damaged (I connected the display to Boox M96 to test whether the display works). Please find attached pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	805.9 KB
ID:	205196   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	205198  
Kobo-SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 04:51 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I don't know. The first photo doesn't look too bad. It's hard getting a good photo.
The second photo looks bad, but I can't tell what's going on.

Each display has an optimal voltage on the common element ("Vcom") that is labelled on the connector ("-2.25").
This is a value that is tested at the factory.
I knew where this value was stored on some of the B&N models, but I've not noticed it on any of the Onyx.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 05:14 PM   #3
Kobo-SH
Kobo-SH began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Elipsa, Forma, Boox M92, M96, N96, Max, Pocketbook P740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I don't know. The first photo doesn't look too bad. It's hard getting a good photo.
The second photo looks bad, but I can't tell what's going on.

Each display has an optimal voltage on the common element ("Vcom") that is labelled on the connector ("-2.25").
This is a value that is tested at the factory.
I knew where this value was stored on some of the B&N models, but I've not noticed it on any of the Onyx.
Thank you for your information. The first one is not so bad but will be worse soon (the second was not bad at first after several days was worse). Regarding to Vcom, I noticed it and adjusted the right one after I flashed the ROM with mfgtools. I have bought several displays from one seller. They have the same problem. So I don't know whether it is my problem or the display had problem.
Kobo-SH is offline   Reply With Quote