Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-03-2023, 07:29 PM   #1
Bookchin
Connoisseur
Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Will the next Boox 13.3" use Carta 1300?

I'm assuming it's a likely given, but just curious if you people here the next Boox Max (whatever the 13.3" will be called) will use the new Carta 1300 e-ink?
Bookchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 03:39 AM   #2
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookchin View Post
I'm assuming it's a likely given, but just curious if you people here the next Boox Max (whatever the 13.3" will be called) will use the new Carta 1300 e-ink?
Who knows. With Boox it's better not to hope. They obviously don't care about what their customers want so much as what parts they can easily and cheaply get their hands on and quickly get on the market. Their hardware choices are puzzling. Nobody seemed to like the camera on the Tab Ultra - they went ahead and included it anyway for the Tab Ultra Pro C.

Now they seem stubbornly focused on colour devices. My guess is that the next 13" device will be using Kaleido 3. Who knows if they'll bother releasing a BW version, too.

I think I'll just wait out the current generation of Boox devices (except for the Palma, which I bought). They have poor battery life with no quick charging, Kaleido screens (which I don't want) and I'd have to choose between either worse screen quality (Note Air 3C with its writing surface) or a camera bump (Tab Ultra C Pro).

They all seem like Beta devices at this point. As does the software.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 09:26 AM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
That's probably a pretty one-sided way of looking at it!
For example, those who don't like the camera bump have obviously bought the wrong device - the Notes devices don't have anything like that, but they do have a screen film tailored to the writing experience.
The Tab is designed to be used standing upright and the camera fits at once - but it is very practical for paper doodlers to document anything worth mentioning.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 12-04-2023 at 10:10 AM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote