Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #61
Passepartout
Addict
Passepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
Thanks found a new 603/903 too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7GwJgvqxYk
To this video I found some more pictures and a little bit text here:
http://blog.laptopmag.com/video-hand...-inch-ereaders
Passepartout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #62
Passepartout
Addict
Passepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-books

Here is a new video of the www.pocketgoods.de - Shop over the new Pocketbook devices:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AohmL46kgw
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #63
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5

That's something like what I wanted to see.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #64
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Some meaningful answers at last!

Of note:

FBReader and Adobeviewer are both on it.
Bookshelf looks familiar.
Paging speed is good.
Adobeviewer's biggest size is too small for the 10in screen and the smallest will likely require a loupe, just as on the PB360.
FBReader has no such limit.
Dictionary support looks identical to the existing models.
The pop-up menu uses different icons but looks to be functionaly the same except for the TTS option. Which, btw, seems to be parsing by sentence rather than word by word. Hopefully that will apply to other languages. (The female voice sounds schoolmarm-ish which is appropriate but makes you wonder about the folks that thought it was, uh, "distracting". )

Still unclear is the backwards compatibility of themes and apps but it does look like a straight port of the existing reader apps, at least. That would make the software at least more of a known quantity if it is a full port of the existing firmware. Woud be great to get FBReader180 and the hacked userstyle Adobeviewer on it.
And, more importantly, partially address the lack of a Pearl screen: let's not forget that the existing readers have an "embolden" option that darkens text across the board so, if the feature is available on the oxymorons...

I could see picking up a 902, Pearl or no Pearl.

Last edited by fjtorres; 10-12-2010 at 11:16 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #65
dainys
dainys began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook G3-> PB 360-> PB Pro 902 (preordered)
I have ordered Pro 902 a week ago and this video shows that my choice was correct. Can't wait to get it and I hope that promised first week of November dispatch time wouldn't be postponed.
dainys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #66
Passepartout
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dainys View Post
I have ordered Pro 902 a week ago and this video shows that my choice was correct. Can't wait to get it and I hope that promised first week of November dispatch time wouldn't be postponed.
Some German sites say begin of selling in 3 Weeks from today.

I found some new pictures from the IFA: http://translate.google.de/translate...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8
You must scroll down, to the middle of the website.

http://www.publiclink.de/blog/wp-con...tbook__011.jpg

http://habrahabr.ru/company/pocketbook/blog/103725/

Last edited by Passepartout; 10-12-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #67
Passepartout
Addict

Have a look here, Pocketgoods take some photos of the 902:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=27
Old 10-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #68
darknessEC
Enthusiast
darknessEC doesn't litterdarknessEC doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 903
I'm sure that it's a stupid question, but...

The large devices (902, 903) can suporte same thinks that are made for Kindle DX, for example:

http://www.amazon.com/M-Edge-Kindle-...=pd_sbs_misc_9

Thanks for your patience.
darknessEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:16 AM   #69
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessEC View Post
I'm sure that it's a stupid question, but...

The large devices (902, 903) can suporte same thinks that are made for Kindle DX, for example:

http://www.amazon.com/M-Edge-Kindle-...=pd_sbs_misc_9

Thanks for your patience.
Do you mean the accessories? I think the covers will not work (different size), but the other accessories should mostly work.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #70
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
Any idea if with the devices that have 3G you can use your own GSM SIM card?
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #71
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
Any idea if with the devices that have 3G you can use your own GSM SIM card?
Yes, you can!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #72
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Yes, you can!
"You can" or "You have to"?
Meaning: Is it like Kindle working "out of the box" or do we have to find a provider?
I've already used my 3 Multi-SIMs for my other gadgets, so I'm glad to get a "total package".
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #73
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
"You can" or "You have to"?
Meaning: Is it like Kindle working "out of the box" or do we have to find a provider?
I've already used my 3 Multi-SIMs for my other gadgets, so I'm glad to get a "total package".
You can. We have a provider that gives you free access to chosen IPs (at least in Germany). We will try to make the same deal in other countries (or have made deals with providers from other countries already.)
Old 10-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #74
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
You can. We have a provider that gives you free access to chosen IPs (at least in Germany). We will try to make the same deal in other countries (or have made deals with providers from other countries already.)
Perfect. Thanks!
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #75
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
PocketBook's getting better and better each time...
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook 602, pocketbook 902, pocketbook iq, pocketbook new models, pocketbook reader