Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 01:38 AM   #1
WayneD
Enthusiast
WayneD began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone + PRS-505
command-line conversion tools in 0.6.0?

I noticed that the command-line conversion tools aren't around in the current bzr trunk. Is this something that is coming back? Or something that is being changed? I like the ability to run a command sequence of lit2oeb, edit, and oeb2lit to tweak a lit file that is already in the DB, so I'm hoping that this will still be supported.

If the command-line tools are going away, is there going to be an oeb.zip output choice? Then I assume that I could do the conversions from inside calibre (e.g. lit -> oeb.zip, unzip, edit, zip, oeb.zip -> lit).
WayneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
All the command line functionality is in the ebook-convert tool. It converts from any of the supported input formats to any of the supported output formats. It even downloads news feeds
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
WayneD
Enthusiast
WayneD began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone + PRS-505
Thanks. I completely missed that. That's a great way to go.

FYI, I got this error when creating a lit file from an oeb *.opf file:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/wayne/bin/ebook-convert", line 8, in <module>
    load_entry_point('calibre==0.6.0b1', 'console_scripts', 'ebook-convert')()
  File "/home/wayne/src/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/conversion/cli.py", line 217, in main
    plumber.run()
  File "/home/wayne/src/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 685, in run
    self.opts, self.log)
  File "/home/wayne/src/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/lit/output.py", line 30, in convert
    split = Split(not self.opts.dont_split_on_page_breaks,
AttributeError: 'OptionValues' object has no attribute 'dont_split_on_page_breaks'
For the moment I just commented out the split code, and then it worked fine.

Last edited by WayneD; 06-03-2009 at 01:19 PM.
WayneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Thanks, now fixed.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote