Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
Student1
Groupie
Student1 doesn't litterStudent1 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Quick question about adding and converting a hyge db

Hi,

i am new to caliber, so i have a few questions. I tried to search for some but ended up empty handed so hoping i can get some extra information.

I was wondering if it is possible to add an extensive collection of 20 000 + pdf to calber and then automate a batch conversion so i dont have to add and click on every book so i can convert them. Also what format to use to retain all the graphics from a pdf? Lrf or the the sony format (prs-505)?

My second question regards html conversions, i read a bit on it as there is some information on creating a map file for the web site and then using a conversion software, but is it possible to convert the whole web site while retaining all the images and maintaining a correct formating for viewing the ebook on a portable device? Have a few web sites, and html s with both images and html files i want to convert. Making the dummy map file seems eashy enough, but how can your reformat the whole thing so it doesn t look like a mess? And what is the best software to use?

anyway, any help is appreciated thanks!

Very cool software btw !

Last edited by Student1; 02-14-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Student1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yes, you can import whole folders at a time. You can also batch convert.

As far as converting web sites for your reader, search for the Bookit thread. It is a firefox addon that does just that. Also, calibre has a web2lrf tool that helps here, but I admit I have never used it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
Student1
Groupie
Student1 doesn't litterStudent1 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Great thanks for all the info! I look for bookit!
Student1 is offline   Reply With Quote