Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
GaryO
GaryO began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Saving book data to give to someone else

I loaded a bunch of books in Calibre for the first time. The program is still open. How would I save the books and the program to give to someone. I also just loaded the books on to a Kindle. I want to give the Kindle as a gift and also want to give the program to them with the date stored on a USB drive. If I close the program will the data be saved? When I save the books to a folder, do I put the data from the folder on the USB? Sorry I am a newbie and I am afraid I will lose the data.
GaryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
Spur52
Enthusiast
Spur52 can extract oil from cheeseSpur52 can extract oil from cheeseSpur52 can extract oil from cheeseSpur52 can extract oil from cheeseSpur52 can extract oil from cheeseSpur52 can extract oil from cheeseSpur52 can extract oil from cheeseSpur52 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Hi
No you won't lose any data by closing Calibre. To give your library to someone you just need to copy the "Calibre LIbrary" to your usb drive. Usually it is in your document folder. On the other computer copy from the usb drive the "Calibre Library". Then install Calibre. When up and running it will ask if you have a library and where is it. Point the way and you should be good to go.
Spur52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre does not forget about books when you close it down (even if it does not have a Save for internal data).

It sounds like you wan 'Calibre Portable' version, where the program AND the library exist on a USB pen drive.
That version is available at the Calibre download site along with directions for installation or upgrade.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote