Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
357mag
Connoisseur
357mag doesn't litter357mag doesn't litter357mag doesn't litter

Device: iPad and Galaxy S5
Sideloading Confusion

I have sideloaded books using Calibre with great success, how ever if I copy books manually to either the documents folder or books folder, they do not show up on my kindle.

What is Calibre doing to make the books show up on the Kindle that is not happening when I manually copy the books?
357mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357mag View Post
I have sideloaded books using Calibre with great success, how ever if I copy books manually to either the documents folder or books folder, they do not show up on my kindle.

What is Calibre doing to make the books show up on the Kindle that is not happening when I manually copy the books?
You mean not copying them via USB? I don't know what Calibre does but when you hit the disconnect button on the Fire when it's connected to your PC the books should show up.

If you are not using USB you have to either Restart the Fire or use File Expert to open each one in the Kindle app for them to appear on your shelves.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
357mag
Connoisseur
357mag doesn't litter357mag doesn't litter357mag doesn't litter

Device: iPad and Galaxy S5
Ok, I just tried that and when I try to open the book file (.mobi) with ES File Expert my only options are TEXT, AUDIO, VIDEO, IMAGE.
357mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357mag View Post
Ok, I just tried that and when I try to open the book file (.mobi) with ES File Expert my only options are TEXT, AUDIO, VIDEO, IMAGE.
Wrong app you need File Expert not ES File Explorer.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote