Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How long is your To Be Read (TBR) list?
1 - 10 4 4.40%
10 - 100 32 35.16%
100 - 500 28 30.77%
500 - 1000 11 12.09%
Over 1000 16 17.58%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
How long is your To Be Read (TBR) list?

Companion poll to the voracious reader poll -- how many books in your library (paper or electronic) are unread but you totally plan to read them someday, honest?

Tsk. I unchecked the poll book by accident. Moderator, can you help please? Thanks!

1. 1-10
2. 10-100
3. 100-500
4. 500-1000
5. Over 1000
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Paper = 3.5K, e = unknown, life's too short...

Edit: Just realised that above is my actual to read, I no longer keep a separate to do list as it would interfere with my reading... just like this place does...

Last edited by elcreative; 06-07-2011 at 12:47 PM.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Paper = 3.5K, e = unknown, life's too short...
WOW! Maybe my "over 1000" cap was conservative.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
JDK1962
Groupie
JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (for PDFs)
Man, is THAT an embarrassing question.

On the Kindle: 275.
DTBs: At least another 100.

I think to myself that I've got to stop buying books...then I'm at a thrift store and I see a pristine copy of Pevear and Volokhonsky's translation of Anna Karenina for $3, and I can't just leave it there...

Multiply this experience by x400, and that's my life...
JDK1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Know what you mean, used to be very careful about entering bookshops when financially embarrassed because I knew I'd never escape without buying but that's kind of gone by the board over the last decade as I ended up working in bookshops one way or another...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK1962 View Post

I think to myself that I've got to stop buying books...then I'm at a thrift store and I see a pristine copy of Pevear and Volokhonsky's translation of Anna Karenina for $3, and I can't just leave it there...

elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK1962 View Post

I have much the same problem, only with eBooks it's WORSE because it's not like we're running out of room to store them...
Old 06-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #7
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
eBooks: 975 - That's the total in calibre after filtering out books I've already read, books I probably won't read (there's a tag for that) and books for my roommate (there's a tag for that too). 100 of those are 100 pgs or less.

pBooks - ~400 - However, much of these are non-fiction, so it's not a case of a "list of books to get to" so much as a collection of information for when I find myself delving into a subject. When an interest in something strikes me, I grab the books on that topic and read them.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
"totally plan to read them someday, honest? "

I guess close to a hundred is honest, though, it's all because of the deals and freebies section here. Before discovering MR and getting my Kindle, I had maybe 10 paperbacks floating around that I planned on getting to, but had lost much of my leisure reading time. Now my TBR is bigger, and I'm actually reading them, too!
If we count the stuff I'm hoarding because it was free, and probably won't get to read, because there is just too much stuff filling the top slots of the list, it's hundreds more....
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
10-100. Big jump. More than likely it is around 30.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I don't actually keep a TBR list for leisure reading (study-reading is a different matter).

The closest it gets is the half-dozen or so paper library books I really ought to start/finish and return, and the stuff I've bought on sale that I should actually read someday.

But there's no real arrangement for those and I just pick what looks most interesting/appealing at the time I start it, or is just due at the library soonest.

The only time I really do have an e-reading plan is when there's a sale on which includes a particular author's works and I want to try one of their other works before deciding to get the others on sale.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #11
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I have between 500 & 1000.... I think about 800. I just purchased about 10 more from Amazon this morning; Harper Collins reduced the prices on a lot of their ebooks today.....
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #12
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
I appear to have 161 on my Kindle and about 200 dt books. It might be more dts than that. I'm not really sure. Given my age, I doubt I'll get through them all. But a lot are rereads.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #13
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Remember that classic Twilight Zone episode with Burgess Meredith, the one where the world ends but he alone survives because he was reading during lunch hour while safely ensconced in a bank vault?

THAT many for me
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #14
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
My TBR list encompasses all texts.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #15
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
What ^ said.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote