Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
MicroSD card for NST

I just rooted my NST following these directions http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/nook-touch-root.html It went very well, except for the very end. I have a SanDisk 32GB MicroSDHC Card (class 4). I had no problem copying files, etc but now at the very end my NST won't format the card. A notice pops up saying I need to format the card but it won't do it. This card isn't too big, is it? It said on the website that it would hold up to 32GB. I stretched my knowledge quite a bit just following the directions so am really out of ideas as to what could be wrong. Thanks for any help!

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Assuming you have a card reader, just remove the card, use a disk utility (such as EASEUS Partition Master 9.1.1 Home Edition or MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition) to restore it to its original size and format it as FAT32, then it can be put back into the NST.

Last edited by livramax; 07-08-2012 at 10:14 AM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I hoped I could figure this out, but no such luck! I did have the MiniTool Partition Wizard (they mentioned it, but didn't really explain much about it). I choose the option to move/resize, then the option to format (FAT32). It still doesn't work in my NST. Did I pick the wrong options? Did I totally mess up my card??!! Thanks for your help.

Mary
Old 07-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
Mujokan
Connoisseur
Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
If the card is showing up as a 32gb card on your computer OS, and you can transfer files back and forth, then you don't need to worry about the partitioning.

Looking on B&N.com, it might be something related to Windows 7. I would try formatting the card again in some other OS if you are using Windows 7. Maybe use your phone, for example.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...ght/true#M6075
Mujokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
You should delete the existing partition (make sure that you perform this operation on the SD card and not the other disks on your computer), then create a new FAT32 Primary (select "Primary" on the "Create as" pull-down menu) partition and format it.

Last edited by livramax; 07-08-2012 at 12:16 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
rxmom03
Addict

to both of you! I don't know if I had selected "Primary" or not-so that might have been my problem. And the BN thread was very helpful--I ended up formatting my disc with the Windows OS and it is now working fine. This is why I don't try anything like this without lots of help! There is usually some little point that I mess up on and need guidance.

Mary