Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur
Erminio Mostacci began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe, iRex DR 1000, Cybook Gen3
Lightbulb Open saved html pages

A little maybe silly question.

Is it possible to open file.html before saved on internal memory or SD card?

For my experience I can't open with default browser.
Excuse me if this question was asked in some old post.

Tanks
Erminio Mostacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Erminio!

That was an interesting question, in my opinion.

I tried it out by copying a webpage (html file) onto my eDGe internal storage from a file on my LAN. Once the file (I tried 2, one html, one htm. Same result.) was in a Local folder I could tap it and get a menu asking how I wanted to complete the action. I have 4 choices, none of which is the native browser.

My choices are: Dolphin Browser HD, HTMLViewer (which I am guessing comes with the eDGe), Miren Browser, and Pocket Casts. However, none of them seem to work from there.

I just tried opening Documents to Go and finding the file in the list of Local files. When I tapped on the file through that interface I got the same 4 options, but this time both Dolphin and Miren browsers opened the file! The HTMLViewer still didn't work and I didn't even try Pocket Casts (which I will be deleting).

Good luck!!

Last edited by Filark; 06-30-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #3
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
let's assume you are trying to open "1.html" on the root of sd card with the default browser.
1.launch the default browser;
2.key in "content://com.android.hmtlfileprovider/sdcard/1.html" in the address box of the browser then go;
then you can use the print to eink function of the default browser to read it on eink.
In this way you can also read txt files on eink.
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
Using DocsToGo choose Local Files and then browse to the location of the .html file. Then choose the file. The html viewer should open automatically.

If you choose a .txt file you will first be prompted to choose either the html viewer or Es Edit note.

Last edited by ken_jennings; 07-01-2011 at 10:54 AM.
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote