Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #16
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Mobileread is honestly the only place on the planet I know of that has readers who select what to read on the basis of a lack of DRM.

This is not to say that there are lots of worthwhile reads that are DRM-free.

But my decision to pay money down for novel X or Y is not driven by the format the book is in: it's whether the book appears to be worth spending my leisure time with it or not. I am not prepared to stop shopping at Amazon for my Kindle 3 or at Kobobooks for my Kobo just because there is DRM. If the authors and titles that intrigure me are for sale there, I'll plunk down my cash. DRM or not, my eReader will play the title as expected.

And, I'm not prepared to give up public library access if it means becoming a DRM-free household.

I applaud authors and publishers who supply their goods DRM and Calibre-friendly for customer conversions. But it's simply NOT part of my ebook buying decision: the content, not the format, is king.
I totally agree. I simply want to read the books that I like whether they have drm or not. I always make sure to back up my ebooks so that if I need to I can reload them. Such was the case when I got a new pc over the summer and had to reload them from my portable HD back onto my new pc. Worked just fine without any problems.

My biggest criteria for ebooks is price. If it is too much money, I just won't buy it. There's plenty out there for me to read within my price range.
cfrizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #17
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Hi Lee. Thanks for the mention of BeWrite Books. Why not check us out before actually buying anything? Call by the bookstore section of the site (linked below) and drop me a line of a couple of titles that catch your eye. I'd be happy to send them along by return as attachments with our compliments. Be sure to let me know your preferred format. A bumper four new releases this month, by the way; one just out today. Cheers for now. Neil -- ntmarrATbewrite.net (but use the @ sign).
I will, thanks forth generous offer

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #18
AlwaysReading
AlwaysReading began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, iTouch
Uncial Press is DRM free. www.uncial.com. They publish mystery, romance, fantasy, poetry, sci fi, etc. I enjoy several of their authors.

Full disclosure, the publisher is a friend of mine. However, I'm very picky about what I read and Uncial's books are very well edited.

Deb
AlwaysReading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #19
Tony Szmuk
Connoisseur
Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ,,,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I know plenty of people who don't buy ebooks from Amazon because "you don't own them, you're just renting them."
BTW, all BeWrite Books' titles available in Amazon's Kindle Store and at B&N (paperbacks included ) are DRM free.
Tony Szmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #20
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysReading View Post
Uncial Press is DRM free. www.uncial.com. They publish mystery, romance, fantasy, poetry, sci fi, etc. I enjoy several of their authors.

Full disclosure, the publisher is a friend of mine. However, I'm very picky about what I read and Uncial's books are very well edited.

Deb
I believe this is the correct url:
http://www.uncialpress.com/
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:50 AM   #21
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Virtually every erotic romance publisher is DRM free, including:

Changeling Press
Ellora's Cave
Loose Id
Samhain

And some resellers, such as:
All Romance E-books
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #22
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
A Writer's Work is Never Done: http://www.awriterswork.com/

Closed Circle: http://www.closed-circle.net/WhereItsAt/

Wizard's Tower Press: http://wizardstowerpress.com/

Phoenix Pick: http://www.phoenixpick.com/
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #23
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Thanks folks. While I read what I want to read first, it is nice to give drm free publishers a look see...because it is nice to not have to deal with drm issues. I doubt I'd read something JUST because it was drm free.

Like with Baen. I started trying out their authors because of the Baen Free Library. I found some authors that I really lime and now I buy their books. When I go looking for new-to-me authors, why not look for them from drm-free publishers?

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote