Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2022, 10:07 AM   #46
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
That's true... but the Clara HD has been selling for $120 for most of its life and regularly goes on sale for $90-$100. At any rate, even if the 2E doesn't drop to $120, I expected that it would start at a higher price (I was thinking $150) so the price was a pleasant surprise for me. I'm guessing that, eventually, it will go on sale for $100 or $110. It's a really good deal at those prices.
I suspect the 2E will follow the exact same price trajectory as the HD.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 11:28 AM   #47
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
Of course, my favourite part is that you can either pay MSRP $129 USD or $159 CAD to get it from Kobo (or virtually anywhere else, along with a free $25 Kobo gift card for pre-ordering)
Hi, rtiangha! I'm not seeing the $25 Kobo gift card pre-ordering offer on either the Canadian or American Kobo sites. Is there a coupon code required for that?

https://ca.kobobooks.com/products/kobo-clara-2E

Thank you!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2022, 11:42 AM   #48
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Has anyone managed to open the back yet to see if the SD card will be replaceable?
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 11:56 AM   #49
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
Hi, rtiangha! I'm not seeing the $25 Kobo gift card pre-ordering offer on either the Canadian or American Kobo sites. Is there a coupon code required for that?

https://ca.kobobooks.com/products/kobo-clara-2E

Thank you!
My bad. I saw the offer on the Best Buy Canada and Chapters Indigo sites so assumed it was a standard (Canadian?) pre-order bonus, but maybe it's dependent on the store.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/category/ereaders/28383
https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca...8568-item.html

Personally, I'd rather have a free case (even a basic one) rather than the card (although I guess you could spend it on a case rather than books, lol).
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 12:02 PM   #50
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Thank you!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2022, 01:45 PM   #51
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post
Has anyone managed to open the back yet to see if the SD card will be replaceable?
That might have to wait until after the Clara 2E is released.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 06:33 PM   #52
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I'll wait until early next year when the first batch has been out long enough for the QC issues to be well known, but I am increasingly tempted by this - even with no buttons. It looks like a good size for a café reader, so if it works well with KOReader, I'd have to seriously consider it
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 01:38 AM   #53
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm thinking of going smaller with my e- readers and this looks very good. I'm a bit disappointed there is no 32gb version though as I use about half the space already on my Sage.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 06:18 AM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
I'm thinking of going smaller with my e- readers and this looks very good. I'm a bit disappointed there is no 32gb version though as I use about half the space already on my Sage.

But is any of your content PDF? They can have a large file size.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 04:13 PM   #55
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Woxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
It's a Kobo. Always best to wait until they've sold a few
Actually, I'm confident the display will be as good as Kobo Libra 2
But let's wait and see
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 06:03 PM   #56
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But is any of your content PDF? They can have a large file size.
Very little of it, it's nearly all Kepubs. I have some 6,400 ebooks in there.

John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 10:00 PM   #57
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenfee View Post
Actually, I'm confident the display will be as good as Kobo Libra 2
Since the screen is made by e-ink and has already been used on the Nook Glowlight 4, that is a safe bet.

How good a job Kobo does on the little things, like lighting that screen... Let's wait for a few reviews.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 06:12 AM   #58
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Maybe they’ll fix the origami case being crooked in portrait mode. It’s aggravating on the Libra 2. Their photo of the case is diagonal though, as if to hide it, so probably not.
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 09:01 AM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
Maybe they’ll fix the origami case being crooked in portrait mode. It’s aggravating on the Libra 2. Their photo of the case is diagonal though, as if to hide it, so probably not.
The reason it's crooked is that the photo is showing the origami case not being folded correctly.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 05:07 PM   #60
Pam R
Connoisseur
Pam R began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Now here is a daft question - could you bluetooth it to your phone and listen to an audiobook that way?

BTW I already read my Clara in the bath - I just seal it in a plastic food back with a zip fastening, works a treat!
Pam R is offline   Reply With Quote