Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #46
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musereader View Post
It's very pink. I got the red one yesterday and everybody who has seen it is calling it pink.
Thanks, I guess that settles it for me. Darn. Perhaps it was colored to attract women.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #47
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Thanks, I guess that settles it for me. Darn. Perhaps it was colored to attract women.
Color blind women who think pink and red look good together
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #48
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Color blind women who think pink and red look good together
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #49
Musereader
Musereader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T!
With the problem I've been having with this I think if I send it back I will ask for a white replacement, I'm not very fond of pink despite being female.
Musereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #50
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musereader View Post
With the problem I've been having with this I think if I send it back I will ask for a white replacement, I'm not very fond of pink despite being female.
I'm in the same boat. If I were getting one for myself, I wouldn't mind having a red one to spice things up a bit, but I'm not into pink gadgets. Seems this model is targeted to women. It's unfortunate they didn't use a unisex color combination.

I know some men wear pink shirts without their manhood being questioned. Hope I'm not offending any men who actually like the color combo of the red model.

Last edited by SCION; 10-12-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Advert
Old 10-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #51
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Women taking up more than half the population, and FAR more than half of the reading population, trying to appeal to women is a smart thing to do.

It's not like there are no 'manly' alternatives.

Sheesh.

PS: It's not that pink.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #52
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Women taking up more than half the population, and FAR more than half of the reading population, trying to appeal to women is a smart thing to do.
Absolutely, and I don't think any of us disagree on that. I think the main complaint here, from me as well as Musereader and SCION, is the assumption that since we're female, we automatically like pink. I find that a bit insulting

Last edited by ScalyFreak; 10-12-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #53
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Absolutely, and I don't think any of us disagree on that. I think the main complaint here, from me as well as Musereader and SCION, is the assumption that since we're female, we automatically like pink.
Whose assumption? I would have preferred an all-red reader with coloring like the PRS-505 red, but I don't think there is a real basis for a complaint that someone is assuming that if we're female we automatically like pink. Nobody is forcing women to buy the red T1.. the black and white are available and may appeal to people of both genders as well. I get that the combination of red and pink is annoying to some.. men and women both, but I hardly think that putting the two together makes Sony sexist or prejudiced or whatever it is.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #54
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I would've preferred a fire-engine red myself. However, I would've taken a pink 350 last year had I bought one ... just not Hello-Kitty pink (as some put it). As far as a T1 goes, maybe a white, with a black skin, in a red case?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #55
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
I get that the combination of red and pink is annoying to some.. men and women both, but I hardly think that putting the two together makes Sony sexist or prejudiced or whatever it is.
If anything, it makes them stereotype more than half the reading population.

If we're going to continue this conversation I should probably warn you that I'm not the least bit serious about any of this, so if you want a serious conversation on the topic of color preferences by gender, I'm really not the right person to have it with.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #56
SCION
Séduisant

I usually sell my gadgets eventually, so I tend to buy unisex colored stuff. Wasn't trying to imply that the red and pink is such a horrible color combo. I'm sure there was some logic to them using a pinkish tinge of red. I assume it's to attract women. At that same time it repels many who would prefer a generic red model as their first choice. Of course there are other colors to choose from.

Last edited by SCION; 10-12-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #57
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I was a red T1, despite the pink bar. I have a black PRS900, silver 350 and 950 (but with skins).... don't really want a white reader, because I think it makes the grayness of the screen really stand out (I know, not everyone will agree... but no, no white) so I'll go with red just to have something different.

Well, conditional to me buying one... the flashing bothered me a lot on the one unit I tried out...

And I am Italian, so it doesn't get more macho than me
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #58
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I still ordered the red one. I don't think anyone would challenge my maleness. I just like the color red.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #59
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I would never challenge the maleness of anyone who ordered a red Sony Reader. Incidentally, my husband's 505 is red.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #60
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Absolutely, and I don't think any of us disagree on that. I think the main complaint here, from me as well as Musereader and SCION, is the assumption that since we're female, we automatically like pink. I find that a bit insulting
Amen. I've always absolutely hated pink even when I was a little kid and would never buy any device (or even clothes for that matter) that was pink.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote